KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 6th Oct 2017
Need a new gum shield – read on!
Player sponsors – still a few remaining
News of Pirates fixtures and Wal Prescott Memorial game
Rugby Aware & Injury course at KRFC on 16th Oct
• The men returned to winning ways last week with a good bonus point win, 34-5, over Nuneaton Old Eds. Our try scorers were Harry Kaufman, Alex Selby, Jimmy Scott, Dan Minks and Mikkel Andresen. We also seem to have found a kicker in Alex Selby! This win took us up to 4th in the league. You will find the report and piccies of the game on the web site and Sophie has done interviews with both Gaz Renowden and Chris Whitehead and you will find these on GlasshouseTV – available on the link on the RH column of the home page of the web site. This was the only game played last weekend.
• Would you believe there are no men’s games this Saturday with the first XV having a week off. The second XV were down to play Old Coventrians at home in a first round Warwickshire Shield game but they cried off the fixture. We have tried to get a fixture through the pool but nothing suitable (for a home game) was available. Instead the second XV squad who were due to play against Old Coventrians will be having a training/touch session and they hereby invite everyone, including Ladies & Colts, to participate. Bring your boots around 2pm if you fancy a run out.
• There is a home game on Sunday when our table topping Ladies take on Old Northamptonians in their third league game. Kick off is 2pm.
• Next weekend the ones are away at Old Yardleians. It has been a while since we last visited there, Feb 95 to be precise. They play at Tilehouse Lane, Shirley, B90 1PW. Our second XV are in the pool for a home game. The Colts are at home to Broadstreet. The ladies will be playing Old Northamptonians again, this time away in the cup.
• Wasps have now changed the way we receive kickback from them when purchasing tickets through our web site. They have moved away from using unique URL’s, to Club-specific codes. They feel these codes will (especially in the long-term) be easier to use and much easier for the club to promote and distribute to encourage more people to use your code and earn more money back for your club. This code should be entered at the checkout stage on the Wasps ticketing site. Our code is: KENRFC.
• Please note that for a trial period Paul will be doing simple bar food from behind the bar.
• Dom has been busy organising a few Pirates games and the first one is away at Leamington on 28th Oct. We then play Shottery at home on 4th Nov all in a warm up for the Wal Prescott Memorial game away at Old Coventrians on 8th Dec.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• Following our first round win at Shipston we have been drawn at home to Dunlop in the next round of the Warwickshire Shield. This game is to be played before the 31st Dec but it is likely it will take up an empty Saturday/Sunday slot before then due to our exit of the Intermediate Cup.
• We are holding a "Rugby Aware & Activate - Injury Prevention" course at Kenilworth on Monday 16th October, starting at 6:30pm and ALL are welcome to attend – players, coaches, physios, parents etc
• There has been a lot of problems with dogs and dog mess at the Cow Patch on a Sunday morning, particularly around the café and changing areas. Can we remind you the club has a NO DOGS policy and this will be enforced in future Sundays.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
8th Oct Ladies v Old Northants, 2.00pm
10th Oct L adies Development v Warwick Uni, 7pm
10th Oct Mouthguard fitting session
14th Oct Ladies Day
16th Oct Rugby Aware & Activate - Injury Prevention course, 6.30pm
19th Oct Scott Quinnell Dinner
21st Oct Silhillians, Former Players Lunch
21st Oct Colts v Old Coventrians
22nd Oct Ladies v Lutterworth, 2.00pm
4th Nov Colts v Stratford, 2.15
4th Nov Second XV v Barkers Butts, 2.15
4th Nov Pirates v Shottery, 2.15
11th Nov Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15