KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 8th APRIL 2016
• Colts semi final replay on 8th April is OFF
• Big game for Cavaliers on Saturday!
• Advertising opportunity for the M&J Festival Programme
• There is a bus going to Leek on 16th April to include our Cavaliers
• New O2 WiFi system at club
• Six Nations competition results
• Due to registration problems with players on both sides the Colts semi-final with Broadstreet, due to be played tonight (8th April) has been cancelled and the cup is to be awarded to Nuneaton.
• Last weekend our boys finished their home league fixtures in style with a 16-5 win over Hereford who still had hopes of reaching the play off spot, but not now. Despite the win we dropped to 10th in the league due to Dudley K’s bonus point win at Leek. A Hereford player, centre Mark Philo, suffered a bad injury (dislocated ankle and broken tibia and fibula) midway through the second half which caused a delay of almost an hour. Sophie’s report on the game is on the web site together with the piccies. Other games last week included a win for our Colts, 29-21 over Newbold (they were behind 5-21 at half-time) but defeat for our Cavaliers at Newbold. The current Warwickshire 2 Merit League now has us second, four points behind Rugby Lions, but having played a game less. We do not quite understand it!
• This weekend the first XV are away at Worcester Wanderers who are currently in 7th spot in the league on 63 points, four ahead of us. We defeated them at home in December and with nothing at stake it should be a good entertaining and high scoring game. The only other game on is our Cavaliers who are playing at Rugby Lions in what appears to be a winner takes all game.
• After tomorrow our first XV league game is away at Leek. We are also taking our Cavaliers to Leek and there is a bus going. If you fancy being on it then speak to Joss Selby.
• The Club Dinner will be held at the club on Friday 6th May. The Ladies Club Dinner is on the 20th.
• The club has a new WiFi system through O2. When you are next in the club you simply log onto the O2 web site and register. This allows you access to the O2 WiFi not only at the club but throughout the UK where O2 WiFi is available.
• The Ladies Section has won the £100 prize for raising the most money from the RFU Raffle ticket sales - over £300 worth. Well done the Ladies! Great effort. The U12s ran them close with £240. Overall, just under £1600 raised - 90% of which we keep and up by around £700 on last year. The draw takes place 7th April so keep hold of your stubs!
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 16th Apr Ladies Day
Sat 16th Apr Final league game, Leek away (coach going)
Weds 20th Apr Warwickshire U15's v Shropshire U15's, 7.30pm
23/24th Apr M&J Festival
Fri 6th May Club Dinner
Fri 20th May Ladies Club Dinner