KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 31st MARCH 2016
• Colts semi final replay is 8th April
• There is a bus going to Leek on 16th April to include our Cavaliers
• Pre Easter the ones lost their league game at Dudley K, 7-54 and we were not really at the races in this one in another disappointing loss to a team below us in the league. Sophie’s report is on the web site. We remain at 9th spot on 55 points, five below what we finished with last season. Our Pirates went on tour to Brixham and came up against a youthful Brixham 2nd XV and lost 22-55. Our Colts were at home in their cup semi final with Broadstreet and what an eventful affair this was. To cut it short Street won 22-14 but were then found to have played some non registered players. However we also appear to have played an unregistered player (who we thought was registered) and Warwickshire have decided the best way out is to play the game again (next Friday at 7.30pm).
• On Easter Saturday Kenilworth Barbarians provided some excellent rugby entertainment with a match against the Magnificent Mash XV from Shipston RFC. In an exciting encounter, the Mash XV came out on top, 33-21. The ‘Mash’ refers to Mark Ashworth, a former Kenilworth prop who is now associated with Shipston. He has courageously fought off cancer and even made an appearance last week. We wish him well.
• This weekend is our final home league game of the season and we take on high flying Hereford who are fourth in the league, with games in hand, and still chasing a play off spot. Prior to the game there is a pre match lunch for our M&J Coaches and with Wal Prescott doing a turn it should be a good lunch. The programme for the game will be up on the web site before the game and the Sophies will be tweeting if you cannot make the game.
• Our Colts take on Newbold at home whilst our Cavaliers are away at Newbold. Our Cavaliers have now been credited with their missing points and now top their merit league and if they won they should secure the title.
• The replay of the Colts semi final with Broadstreet has been set for Friday 8th April @ 7.30pm with the winners competing in the final on Monday 11th at The Butts against Nuneaton. Why not come down and support our boys! The bar will be open from 6pm.
• Our two remaining first XV league games are next week at Worcester Wanderers and the following week (16th) at Leek. We are also taking our Cavaliers to Leek and there is a bus going. If you fancy being on it then speak to Joss Selby.
• The Club Dinner will be held at the club on Friday 6th May.
• We have attracted two Warwickshire games to Glasshouse Lane in April. On Sunday 3rd the U17’s take on Cheshire, 2.30 kick off whilst on the 20th April the U15’s take on Shropshire, 7.30pm.
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 2nd Apr v Hereford, M&J Coaches Lunch
Sun 3rd April Warwickshire U17s v Cheshire U17s, 2.30pm
Fri 8th Apr Colts v Broadstreet, semi final replay, 7.30pm
Sat 16th Apr Ladies Day:
Sat 16th Apr Final league game, Leek away (coach going)
Weds 20th Apr Warwickshire U15's v Shropshire U15's, 7.30pm
23/24th Apr M&J Festival
Fri 6th May Club Dinner