KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 18th MARCH 2016
Colts v Broadstreet, Cup Semi final on main pitch on Saturday @ 3pm
Two games on Easter Saturday
Kicking course on Monday 21st
M&J Coaches Lunch on 2nd April
• A loss at Hereford last week, 10-45, but not as bad as it looked with Hereford running in a few tries near the end. Greg Hickman’s report is on the web site. We have now dropped back to 9th in the league with four games remaining. All our other teams won with the Colts defeating Berkswell & Balsall, 51-5, our Cavaliers defeating Leamington 33-17 and our Ladies defeating Amber Valley, away, 42-0. If this win was not enough for the Ladies then they played again on Wednesday against the Prison Service and won again with a delighted Sophie Freestone scoring her first ever try in rugby!
• The first XV are away again this Saturday and take on Dudley Kingswinford with a 3pm kick off. Dudley K are lying in 10th spot in the league, five points behind us so it should be a good tight even game. However pride of place this weekend must go to the Colts who are playing their Warwickshire Cup semi final against Broadstreet on our main pitch at 3pm. Our Pirates are on Tour in Brixham and we wish them well in their game on Saturday.
• We are now a registered Community Club with Wasps and if you buy your tickets through Kenilworth RFC then we receive a cash back. The link for this is on the home page of the web site.
• On the 16th April there is another Ladies Lunch and more info on this will soon be available. Please note there are only a few spots remaining.
• The Club Dinner will be held at the club on Friday 6th May.
• Our first St David’s Day Dinner last week was a very big success and it raised £900 for Cancer Research.
• The Six Nations concludes this weekend with England, the champions, courtesy of Scotland’s superb win over France. The Grand Slam game is on at the club on Sat night, kick off 8pm. This is preceded by Wales v Italy (2pm) and Ireland v Scotland (5pm).
• On Monday 21st March we are holding a Kicking Course at the club with David Lote of the RFU, Tom Kendall, the former 1st XV full back and Josh Hickman the current 1st XV fly-half/full back. It is a 6.30 start.
• Next Easter weekend there are two games on the main pitch. The Colts are playing at 1pm and our Barbarians are playing The Magnificent Mash XV at 3pm.
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
18th/20th Mar Pirates Tour
19th Mar Colts v Broadstreet, Warwickshire Cup semi final, 3pm
19th Mar Six Nations concludes
21st Mar Kicking Course, 6.30
26th Mar Colts & Barbarians double header @ 1 and 3pm
2nd Apr v Hereford, M&J Coaches Lunch
16th Apr Ladies Lunch
16th Apr Final league game, Leek away
Sat 23/Sun 24th Apr M&J Festival
Fri 6th May Club Dinner