KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 15th APRIL 2016
• Colts semi final replay back on for tomorrow!
• There is a bus going to Leek tomorrow
• Help needed for the M&J Festival set up on 16th and 22nd April
• Details of Club Dinner
• Last weekend our boys suffered another big away defeat at Worcester Wanderers, 5-38, but they never gave up and their consolation came in the dying minutes with a Ryan Spriggs try. This defeat has now dropped us to 11th in the league, above the relegated three of Leek, Walsall and Old Silhillians. At the top of the league Bridgnorth lead Bournville by four points and will win the league if they come up with a result at Whitchurch and/or Bournville do not get anything from their game with Worcester Wanderers. Sophie’s report is on the web site as are the piccies. In the other game played last week our Cavaliers blew their chance of winning their merit league with a 7-43 defeat at Rugby Lions.
• This weekend the first XV are away for their final league game of the season at Leek who occupy 13th spot with five wins and two draws. I guess they might want to leave the league with a bit of a splash so we must be prepared for them to fight hard for the win. We need at least one point to match last year’s points total. Where Leek play is a lovely setting and the boys are going in a bus. There is plenty of room on the bus so if you fancy attending the game on the coach with the boys then contact Joss Selby for details.
• Arguably the big game of the weekend is the Colts replay with Broadstreet in the Warwickshire Colts Cup semi final. This will kick off at 3pm and there is a wee bit of doubt about where it will be played due to the work that has been done on the first XV pitch. It will either be there or at the Cow Patch so check it out before you come down.
• It is Ladies Lunch day tomorrow!
• The M&J Festival is next week on the 23/24th April. There is going to be a work party on Sat16th April @ 10am and Friday 22nd April and all help would be greatly appreciated. Depending on the numbers who turn up it should only take about an hour each time. Contact Peter Blakeman if you want any other information.
• The club has a new WiFi system through O2. When you are next in the club you simply log onto the O2 site and register. This allows you access to the O2 WiFi not only at the club but throughout the UK where O2 WiFi is available.
• The main pitch has now been sanded and seeded and is effectively out of action. All mid week training & touch should now be undertaken at the Cow Patch as per the notice on the web site.
• If you shop at Waitrose then KRFC M&J section are one of the charity options where you can deposit your green token. Please do!
• I have received notification from the RFU that tickets are now available for two of the Autumn Internationals, ie Eng v Fiji and Eng v Argentina as well as Australia v Argentina in the Rugby Championship. Full details of how to apply for tickets are on the web site and on Notices posted around the club. You will note that there are two other Autumn Internationals (South Africa & Australia) but the applications for these will not be till mid to late May.
• Next weekend the Pirates are down to play Old Yardeleians Vets at home, on a pitch to be decided. The Colts are also down to play Broadstreet at home again, this time in the league.
• Our minis were at the Nuneaton Festival last week and our U9 team were undefeated grand slam champions, with only 5 tries conceded against us. I also believe our U10’s came second in their group. Well done to all!
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 16th Apr Ladies Day
Sat 16th Apr Final league game, Leek away (coach going)
Sat 16th Apr Colts v Broadstreet, Cup Semi Final @ 3pm
Weds 20th April Warwickshire U15's v Shropshire U15's, 7.30pm
Sat 23/Sun 24th Apr M&J Festival
Sat 23rd Apr Pirates v Old Yardleians 3’s (pitch tbc)
Sat 23rd Apr Colts v Broadstreet (pitch tbc)
Fri 6th May Club Dinner
Fri 20th May Ladies Club Dinner
News of Members
• Our own Rod Jones is running in the London Marathon and would welcome any sponsorship from club members. https://www.justgiving.com/Rod-Jones9/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_campaign=20160128
• Our former captain, Mike Bevan, now resident in Dubai is now a triple world champion! - plus two silver and two bronze medals at the Club Crew World Championships in Adelaide!! I believe it is something to do with Dragon Boats! Well done Mike.
• Our Mini’s Fixture Secretary, Alex Keogh, is getting married this Saturday and the club wish them well.