- colts are in their semi final!
- the club blazers have landed!
- info on tonight St David's Dinner
- our Ramblers Society is getting off ground!
• A win at last, 29-18 over Crewe & Nantwich, last week saw us move up one place in the league to 8th. Our boys were brave, to say the least, as we were out muscled in the scrum, but we scored decent tries at crucial moments, none more than Mikkel’s try in the dying minutes to secure the win. Sophie’s report is on the web site. The Colts were also good winners last week in a 27-12 win at Barkers Butts, this being both a league and a Warwickshire Cup game. There were a number of unsavoury incidents at the end of the game directed towards our players, coaches and spectators and this has been reported to Warwickshire Colts. Our Cavaliers also had a run out against Old Coventrians 2/3’s winning 76-7.
• The first XV play the much postponed game with Hereford this Saturday, 3pm kick off. Hereford have a number of games in hand and are currently lying in 6th spot. Last week they defeated Dudley K, 35-14. They have not given up on a play off spot at least. Look out for the tweets coming from Sophie (P). Our Colts are at home to Berkswell & Balsall (at the Cow Patch). The Cavaliers are playing at home on the main pitch (if playable!) and they take on Leamington. Both are 3pm kick offs but check this out if you are planning to watch as they may change due to the Wales game. Our Ladies are playing Sunday (and would you believe missing the Scotland game!) and take on Amber Valley, away, at 2pm.
• Next weekend (19th March) we are on the road again at Dudley K. It is the Pirates tour so it is unlikely there will be a Cavaliers or 3’s out. Our Colts are due to play their next Warwickshire Cup tie but there is no news of the draw yet. It is at the semi final stage and the other three teams are Sillhillians, Stratford and Nuneaton. We have every chance of going all the way in this! There is no Ladies game.
• We are now a registered Community Club with Wasps and if you buy your tickets through Kenilworth RFC then we receive a cash back. The link for this is on the home page of the web site.
• On the 16th April there is another Ladies Lunch and more info on this will soon be available.
• There is a lot in the press at the moment of the merging Warwick DC Local Plan and to see how this affects Kenilworth there is now an article on our web site. An article was also included in the last programme, Crewe & Nantwich.
• The Club Dinner will be held at the club on Friday 6th May.
• Tonight (Fri 11th) is our first St David’s Day Dinner. PAG has asked me to remind all those attending that the meet time is 7.15 for 7.30, and the dress code is lounge suits, posh frocks and something red ! Daffs and Leeks also welcome!
• The re-opening of the Cow Patch Café has been a big success, albeit too big! Last week everyone who came tried to pay with a £20 note (or higher) so the plea going out it is to look down the back of your sofa and break out your piggy banks and bring as much change as you can!
• Would you believe our new club blazers have arrived and Dominic is planning to bring them to the club on Friday for you to pick up. If this is not suitable then please contact Dom to make other arrangements.
• The Six Nations returns this weekend with Ireland v Italy at 1.30 and England v Wales at 4pm on the Saturday and, the big one, Scotland v France at 3pm on Sunday. Next week the competition concludes with all the games on the Saturday culminating with France v England at 8pm.
• You may recall a few weeks ago a ‘Dickies Minutiae’ in the programme mentioned the formation of a Kenilworth Rugby Ramblers. Well this is now in the advance state of planning and anyone who fancies a regular rambler around Warwickshire, or further afield, should contact Willie W who will put you in touch with the organiser!
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Fri 11th Mar St David’s Night Dinner
Sat 12th Mar Cavaliers V Leamington, 3pm
Sat 12th Mar Colts v Berkswell & Balsall,3pm
Sat 12th Mar Ireland v Italy, 1.30pm
Sat 12th Mar England v Wales, 4pm
Sun 13th Mar Scotland v France, 3pm
18th/20th Mar Pirates Tour
19th Mar Six Nations concludes
2nd Apr v Hereford
16th Apr Ladies Lunch
Sat 23/Sun 24th Apr M&J Festival
Fri 6th May Club Dinner