Kenilworth RFC needs paid bar staff – if you are over 18 then contact Paul
Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4
Kenilworth RFC needs Volunteers to help with the web site – if you are into creating and managing web sites then we would love to hear from you to assist in the management of our web site – contact Jai Purewal (jpurewal
- Last week the first XV had a great win at home over Whitchurch, 25-17, playing into the wind in the second half with a slender lead and handling it very well indeed. There was a superb home debut for Seb Corby at scrum half and in the second half young fly half Dale Glover came on for his first XV debut. Dale is the current Warwickshire U20’s fly half and both he and Seb performed very well indeed. The report, by Pete Lindsay, and pics are on the web site. We remain 7th in the league on equal points (25) with Whitchurch.
- In a very good weekend the Cavaliers advanced to the last eight of the Warwickshire 2nd XV cup with a superb 41-7 win at Old Laurentians. Not only were the on looking Kenilworth support impressed but also Old Laurentians who gave us a superb write up in their report of the game. Both reports are on the web site. The 3’s defeated Shottery 19-15 and Dickie has also written up an extensive report on this game – make sure you have a large cup of coffee in place before you read this one.
- The large amount of injuries sustained by the Colts meant they had to postpone their game at Newbold.
- This weekend the ones are at home again to Lichfield. Just one look at the league table is all you need to see what a difficult task we have. Lichfield appear a class above the rest in this league and to date have won all their nine games, with bonus points, for a maximum of 45 points. Look out for their try scoring No8, Sam Prior who to date has scored ten tries. They also have a rather classy full back in Greg Massey. One thing for sure our young team will not lack for effort in our most difficult game for a while. I had been given a team but it would appear to be not the one that will take the field on Saturday so there is little point in giving you it! If you cannot make the game then you will be able to follow it on Twitter by simply logging onto the web site and clicking the Twitter feed or by following @kenilworthrugby. The programme for the game will be on the web site on Saturday morning.
- Prior to the Lichfield game there is the first of our Charity Lunches organised by Tom Bromwich of Bromwich Hardy, Commercial Property Agents from Coventry.
- A number of injuries and non availabilities due to Dom Carrick’s weekend away in Dublin have meant that the threes game has been cancelled but the Cavaliers will play, at home to Earlsdon.
- The Colts also return and play Broadstreet at home. They still need props so if you know of anyone then contact Steve Sutherland.
- Please remember all kick offs are now 2.15.
- Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
- Next week (16th Nov) the ones are having a weekend off. A pre match (Eng v New Zealand that is) lunch is planned and it is still not too late to book in for this via Bruce Doe or Peter Blakeman. The lunch is open to all.
- Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this will soon go up in the club so if you do not want your name to appear then please pay up.
- M&J Fixtures for Sunday 10th Nov:
Confirmed fixture: U14s home to Melbourne
U13s, U15s, U16s training
Pitches: U14s on main pitch – weather permitting
U13s and U15s on CP2, U16s on CP3
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
- A date has been set for the Christmas Party and, like last year, it will be held at The Holiday Inn on 7th Dec. Posters will soon go up around the club, the Rocky Lane site and the web site.
- Please also remember that all of England’s (and indeed Scotland, Ireland and Wales) Autumn Internationals will be shown at the club.
- I have also just been told that there will be one last Comedy Night on the 12th Dec – one of the popular Gong Nights.
- If you wish to see the pics taken in early Sept at Kenilworth Castle then you can. Go on http://www.photoboxgallery.com/KRFC. They are also being used on the M&J section of the web site.
- Some sad news form Australia concerning Mike James. He has had a heart attack whilst on holiday visiting his daughter Beth. He has had two stents fitted. We all wish Mike well and a speedy return to the club.
- The Winner of the GingerNut Creative sponsored web site competition is announced as Osbourne Chant who plays for the under 12s. The presentation will take place, delivery from O’Neills willing, before our next home game against Market Bosworth on 30th Nov.
- Our next league game is away at Malvern on the 23rd Nov, there being no league games on the 16th. Malvern play at Spring Lane, WR14 1AJ and if you want a very good pub then try the Nags Head which is just a few minutes from the ground and sells superb beer and food (www.nagsheadmalvern.co.uk). Our next home game is on the 30th Nov against Market Bosworth.
- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
16th Nov, Pre Match Lunch, then England v New Zealand – contact Bruce Doe
24 Nov, Colts at Hereford in National Colts Cup, round 3
30th Nov, v Market Bosworth
7th Dec, KRFC Christmas Party @ Holiday Inn
12th Dec, COMEDY NIGHT GONG SHOW
14th Dec, v Stoke, Christmas Lunch @ noon
15th Dec, SANTA’s GROTTO
Throughout November – Autumn Internationals on the big screen.
- ……………………and finally, we wish club stalwart Dom Carrick a Happy 40th Birthday for the 11th Nov. He and a large number of friends are enjoying a weekend in Dublin. Do not worry lads you can still catch Dickie’s Gardening Tips when they are posted on the web site programme! Have a great weekend boys.