KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 8th JAN 2016
A Happy New Year to all our readers!
John Inverdale tickets (3rd March) now available
• Prior to Christmas our boys had a superb 36-22 bonus point win over struggling Silhillians, our fourth bonus point win on the trot. Although we did not move up the league the results elsewhere meant we were only three points off the top spot, with a game in hand. That game in hand was meant to be last week at Hereford but it was not to be with the game, being played on a very wet and muddy school pitch, being abandoned at half-time due to an injury to the ref – Collett and Renowden denying any knowledge of involvement! Theoretically we could have gone top with a win at Hereford and the game was stopped at 0-10 down but with us starting to perform and show a bit of form. The reports and piccies on both games are on the web site. In one other game on the 19th Dec our Cavaliers defeated B&B 34-0 to move to second spot in their league.
• This week the ones are off to Stoke. Stoke are currently lying in 11th spot in the league with four wins, a draw and eight losses. They are on the fringes of the relegation zone and will be looking for a win to move clear. It is never easy there and last season we lost a close game on a muddy pitch on a very dark day. If you are planning to go to the game then we have been advised that the area is very wet and muddy and sturdy footwear is advised. The two Sophies will be there tweeting and reporting.
• Other games this weekend include the Colts away at Broadstreet and the Cavaliers at home to Newbold 3’s. On Sunday our Ladies play their third round cup game against a strong looking Bletchley Ladies, kick off 2pm.
• Next week the ones are at home to Stratford and prior to this game there is our annual Molly Olly Charity Lunch. The Colts are also at home to Stratford, the Cavaliers away at Spartans and the threes down to play Leamington threes away.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with both Champions Cup and Premiership Rugby being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• There is an additional Summer Test between England and Wales at Twickenham and there is a superb offer of tickets for juniors at £20. Full details on this are on the web site.
• The Burns Supper on the 22nd Jan and St David’s Night on the 11th March are near sell outs but there are still a few places if you fancy either.
SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 9th Jan Cavaliers v Newbold 3’s
Sun 10th Jan Ladies v Bletchley, 2pm, CUP
Sat 16th Jan v Stratford, 2.15: Molly Olly Lunch
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Sat 23rd Jan Cavaliers v Berkswell & Balsall
Sat 30th Jan v Whitchurch
Thurs 3rd Mar A Night with John Inverdale
Fri 11th Mar St David’s Night
23/24th Apr M&J Festival