KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 8th DEC 2016
o News of an important visitor on 18th Dec
o Second team cup game on Sunday @ Leamington
o Cut price Prosecco and Gin on Friday nights!
o League leaders Newport are in town on Saturday
• The first XV suffered another defeat last week at Moseley Oak, 17-52. We gifted a few early tries, then came back into the game only to concede a further three tries in the closing minutes – the report is on the web site. Our Ladies wnet top of their league with a 34-5 home win over Coventry Welsh.
• This weekend the first XV are at home to league leaders Newport and the programme for this game will be up on the web site from 6pm Friday. On Sunday the Ladies are away at Winnington Park and there is a coach going if you fancy travelling to see them. Also playing on Sunday are our Second XV in their cup 1/4r final at Leamington, kick off 2.15.
• A NOTE ROM OUR COACHING TEAM: For those of you following the 1st XV results you will know that it has been a disappointing if not dismal first half of the season. For those of you who have regularly attended the games you will be well aware that a huge amount of commitment, courage and determination has been put in by the players. Unfortunately though, we have been beset by injuries from almost day one with many of our usual first choice players being injured, most with injuries that need proper treatment, rehabilitation, rest and recovery, injuries that cannot nor should not be rushed. Most of our injuries have been in the forwards, with our current and not so large ‘front row pool’ being the most badly hit.
However, the spirit around the 1st XV players remains positive both on and off the pitch. There is a real determination to get away from the foot of the table but to do that we need players to become available, a tad more luck and the support of everyone. On Saturday we meet league leaders Newport at home, still with a ‘fragile’ squad to choose from. The lads who will turn out need your support, not just on Saturday but throughout the remainder of the season. Please do all you can to be at Saturdays game to cheer them on. They need everyone’s support.
• Before the league game on Sat there is our annual Christmas Lunch and if you are attending this please make sure you are at the club from noon as there is a lot to do and eat before the game. There are twenty one prizes up for the Blind Auction and we thank
HICKORY’s SMOKEHOUSE, SAXON MILL, SYTNER BMW, O’NEILLS, BATH SPA, WASPS RFC, ANDREW WHITING, KENILWORTH GOLF CLUB, CLARKS, TIME & TIDE, BANK AESTHETICS,
THE RAJ, THE ALMANACK, THE OLD BAKERY, IAN WATSON, FITNESS WORX, THE GREEN MAN, WOODEN SPOON, QUEEN & CASTLE, THE INDIAN ARK & BUA LUANG
• Next week (17 Dec) the ones are away at Stratford whilst the Cavaliers host them at home.
• Another of our Sponsors is The Almanack. They have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a 10% discount off food and drink purchased in the eatery. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• The club Christmas Party is to be held on the 17th Dec and details of this are on the web site.
• On the 18th Dec there will be a Christmas Fun Day with a visit from the man himself – full details are on the web site.
• The next 200 Club Draw is on Fri 23rd Dec and full details are on the web site.
• On 27th Dec do not forget our BaBa’s are taking on Warwick School Old Boys, kick off 2pm
• We now have special offers on Prosecco and Gin on a Friday night and full info is on the poster and on the web site.
• The wonderful charity Anthony Nolan are desperate for more young people both Male and female and all nationalities to join their register. This charity has a list of people who are willing to give their own Stem cells or bone marrow to those people who are seriously ill with Blood Cancers Leukaemia and Aplastic Anaemia etc, who have already had treatment for these illnesses but the treatment has failed. At this present moment of time if 6 people come to us at Anthony Nolan looking for help to save their life only one we would likely save. What they do at Anthony Nolan is take stem cells or bone marrow from one person and give them to someone else, in 41 years this charity has done 10,000 of these lifesaving transplants [we do 3 a day]. We are considering running a recruitment event for this charity at our club, the more people that join our register the more lives we could save from blood cancers like leukaemia etc WWW.AnthonyNolan.org.uk. IF YOU WANT MORE INFORMATION LOOK AT THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE AND YOU TUBE PAGE. Let us know if you might be interested in helping out at such an event.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
11th Dec Second XV Cup 1/4r final @ Leamington, 2.15
17th Dec Cavaliers v Stratford, 2.15
17th Dec Players Christmas Party
18th Dec Christmas Fun Day
23rd Dec 200 Club Draw
24th Dec Christmas Eve opening, 6 till 9pm
26th Dec Boxing Day opening, 1 till 6pm
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School OB’s, 2pm
7th Jan v Sutton Coldfield, 2.15
8th Jan Ladies v Cannock, 2pm
21st Jan v Wolverhampton, 2.15
27th Jan Burns Night
FESTIVE PERIOD OPENING HOURS
Christmas Eve 6 till 9pm
Christmas Day closed
Boxing Day (Monday) 1 till 6pm
27th Dec (Tuesday) noon till 6pm (BaBa’s game at 2pm)
28th Dec 7 till 11pm
29th Dec 7 till 11pm
30th Dec 6 till 11pm
31st to 3rd Jan CLOSED
4th Jan 6 till 11pm