• The season started well last week with a decent win at a cold Shipston in the Warwickshire Shield, 39-3. We scored seven tries and a full report on the game is on the web site, together with piccies of the game. Our second XV travelled to Earlsdon on the Saturday and lost a very close game, 14-15.
• This Saturday the league (Mids 2 west south) kicks off with our home game against Leamington. Prior to the game there is a pre match lunch and there are currently still some spaces available. As always there will be regular tweets on the game and the programme for it will be posted on the web site on Friday night. Our second XV are away at Leamington and our re-formed Colts are down to play at Barkers Butts.
• Our championship winning Ladies start life in a higher league (NC Midlands 1) with a Sunday (10th) home game against Five Ways Old Eds, 2pm kick off. They also have a programme!
• Our main programme for the season will be unveiled on Saturday and it is thanks to John Harlow for setting it up and John Emmerson at Emmerson Press for printing it (and the subsequent weekly ones).
• We have been very active in recruitment over the summer and have a number of new players, backs and forwards, as well as two returners, Simon Tyler and Alex Selby. Information on all of the arrivals (and departures) is in the programme and the press. A number of the new guys are making their league debut against Leamington.
• Next week we are again at home against Olney in the first round of the Intermediate Cup. The second XV are in the pool and the Colts are also at home to Rugby Lions. Our Ladies are down for a development fixture with Silhillians.
• The club have put together a poster with all the Mens and Ladies first XV home first XV fixtures on it. If you wish one for your office or local pub or shop then please feel free to print one off or contact me.
• The dead-line for applications for tickets for the Six Nations games at Twickenham (v Wales, v Ireland) is coming soon. Full details are on the web site.
• Contrary to what I said last week Wasps have now changed the way we receive kickback from them when purchasing tickets through our web site. They have moved away from using unique URL’s, to Club-specific codes. They feel these codes will (especially in the long-term) be easier to use and much easier for the club to promote and distribute to encourage more people to use your code and earn more money back for your club. This code should be entered at the checkout stage on the Wasps ticketing site. Our code is: KENRFC.
• Please note that for a trial period Paul will be doing simple bar food from behind the bar.
• There is good news on the club re-development side. The WDC plan is close to being finalised and we are currently in negotiation with a number of developers who are interested in purchasing both our sites and developing our proposed new one at Bullimore Wood. Further info on this will be revealed in the next few weeks.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• Please note there is to be another thinning of the trees that surround our Rocky Lane site and full info on this has been posted at the top of Rocky Lane and HERE.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
9th Sept Leamington, 3pm, pre match lunch
10th Sept Ladies v Five Ways Old Eds, 2pm
16th Sept Olney, Int Cup, 3pm
16th Sept Colts v Rugby Lions, 3pm
30th Sept Nuneaton Old Eds, 3pm
1st Oct Second XV Shield v Old Covents, 2.15pm
14th Oct Ladies Day
19th Oct Scott Quinnell Dinner