KRFC NEWS, 7th NOVEMBER 2014
• Yet another (bonus point) win to report for the ones last week away at Earlsdon but we did make it hard for ourselves after totally dominating the opening 30 minutes. Midway through the second half we were standing at 20 apiece and our players, not to mention the big band of travelling supporters, must have thought the worst as Earlsdon began to dominate. However our class told in the end, slightly helped by a stupid Earlsdon red card, and we ran out 34-20 winners. Hero of the day was Arthur Haynes with a hat trick of tries with Gaz Renowden sniping for the fourth. Josh Hickman was again superb in the kicking department. We have now moved up to 3rd in the league. The full report is on the web site as are the piccies.
• Not so good news for the Cavaliers in their cup game at OL's and they were defeated 20-49. The report on this game and the piccies are also on the web site - catch the nice ones of Rich Allen!
• The Colts won at home, 36-20, against Old Leamingtonians despite being reduced to 14 men after only three minutes. The 3's did not play.
• This Saturday the first XV are having a well deserved weekend off whilst the 2's and 3's both take on Leamington, the 3's being at home on the main pitch. We have asked Leamington for early kick offs but for some reason they have said no so it is 2.15 for both games. The Colts are now away at Southam. Not Tamworth.
• On Sunday there will be no junior game on the main pitch with all teams, including the girls, training.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 15th Nov, the ones are at home to Hereford who are level with us on 35 points but lie in second. So a real big game awaits us next week and the start of the heavy traffic we are running into with games against Worcester Wanderers and Newport ahead.
• Before the Hereford game there is a lunch primarily for the M&J coaches and if you have not yet booked in for this then please contact Charlie Westrope ASAP. Kick off will be 2.15. Other spaces are available and this is an ideal opportunity to sample a KRFC pre match lunch at its best!
• Next week, 15th Nov, the Colts are also at home against Chipping Norton and the 3's are away at Trinity Guild. The Cavaliers are in the pool.
• Kenilworth RFC were formed in 1924 and played their first game on Sept 20th. Hence we have something to celebrate this 90th season! First on the agenda is a Dinner/Disco to be held at the club on the 6th Dec. Other events are in the advanced stage of planning, including a Six Nations Dinner and a pre match lunch and it is hoped to conclude the celebrations with a special game in May featuring two guest teams. It is also planned to make the year a big fund raising event and fund raising activities will be co-ordinated around the theme '90' – watch this space.
• The 90th Anniversary Christmas Dinner/Disco is almost sold out but a few places remain – contact Peter B ASAP to secure your place.
• The Christmas Lunch on the 13th v Newport is now SOLD OUT!
• Membership subs for this season are now due. Please pay or you may appear on the non payers list and be challenged in the club.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• The Autumn Internationals start on Saturday and all of the England (and Ireland) games are on Sky and will be shown at the club. Wales and Scotland are on BBC and will also be available at the club. Tomorrow's games are Eng v New Zealand (2.30), Wales v Aus (2.30), Scotland v Argentina (5.30) and Ireland v South Africa (5pm)
• Our Pirates have their first outing of the season, next week, 15th Nov, in a serious challenge match against the famous Richmond Heavies Veterans side in London. The coach departs KRFC @ 9am and will return "later" that evening. We are having an early kick off - 12.15pm so that some players and spectators can make the short distance to Twickenham for the England vs S.Africa Test Match. The rest of the team and spectators will watch the game at Richmond Athletic Ground - it is one of the oldest clubs in the world and also the home of London Scottish. A number of former KRFC stalwarts have confirmed their availability but anyone else is welcome and can contact me on this e mail address or 07989 444438. There are also spaces on the bus if anyone wants to combine the match with a way of getting to and from Twickenham for the International - what better preparation for Eng v SA than watching the Pirates take on one of England's best veteran's teams!
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• Advanced Warning – a Traditional Burns Supper at the club on Fri 23rd January!
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
15th Nov Richmond Heavies v Pirates – coach going
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold: Colts v Chipping Norton, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th ANNIVERSARY LUNCH
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
All Autumn Internationals shown at club!