KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 7th MARCH 2014
News of KRFC Auction, courtesy of Baker Jayne
Well done to Cov University!
Charity Lunch before Malvern on 22nd March
News of James Neal
• A very good lunch was followed by a defeat at Whitchurch last week, 18-24 and we remain 8th in the league. Glyn's report, and the pics, is on the web site.
• The Colts also lost their tour game in Guernsey, 17-22 but they nearly pinched it in the last minutes of the game. The Cavaliers were our only winners last week defeating Earlsdon 2's 26-22. The 3's opponents, AEI Rugby, cried off late on Friday.
• This weekend the ones are away again and this time it is at league leaders Lichfield. It is a 3pm kick off. Ralph is still away and I am watching the Colts, so it is unlikely you will get any Twitter feed. If anyone fancies doing one then the help would be most appreciated. Supporters have also been asked to a pre match buffet so if you are going along go in and grab yourself a sarnie or two and mention my name!
• The Colts are on the main pitch with their Warwickshire Cup tie v Silhillians and this kicks off at 2.15.
• The Cavaliers game with Leamington 2's is off but the 3's are at home to Newbold 3's at the Rocky Lane site.
• Junior fixtures for 9th March are:
U13s and U14s away to Sutton Coldfield
U16s at home to Sutton Coldfield on the main pitch
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• The second Jazz Night of the season took place last Monday and was another sell out! The next one is scheduled for 12th May. More info is @ www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• It is with pleasure we announce that the Wednesday Night Touch sessions are back on under the lights on the main pitch.
• This years Club Dinner will be held on Friday 9th May. Further details will be announced soon.
• Please remember to get your bids in for the Baker Jayne KRFC Auction with four very good prizes up for grabs. All money raised is going to the Roof Appeal. The link to the bid form is at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1YKLoPR2O2XE_P03c5rgRzCR8Y1ui0Le0AI9R0Y-4Ge8/viewform. It is also on the web site. Bids need to be in by 16th March.
• Do not forget the Six Nations games this weekend and the big one on Saturday, Scotland v France @ 5pm, preceded by Ireland v Italy @ 2.30. There is another game on the Sunday I believe, England v Wales @ 3pm. Next week it all climaxes with Italy v England at 12.30, Wales v Scotland at 2.45pm and France v Ireland at 5pm.
• Historic win for Coventry University: Coventry University 1st XV beat Warwick University 1st XV 21 – 20 in the annual Varsity rugby union match held at Butts Park Arena last Sunday. This is the first time Coventry have beaten Warwick in rugby union since the inception of their Varsity competition over 20 years ago. Kenilworth 1st XV players, Alex Selby, Joe Jepps and Freddie Mills represented Coventry University in a game played in monsoon like conditions and adapted their game style to take account of the heavy rain. Congratulations to Coventry University and our Kenilworth players.
• For all the latest news on tickets and how to get involved in Rugby World Cup 2015, join The Front Row - www.rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow or follow England 2015 on Twitter @England_2015. We have been informed that we will be allocated at least two volunteer spots and clearly if we have more than two interested then we may need to ballot. If you are interested in being one of our volunteers then let me know ASAP. More info on tickets can be found at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/14430a3184fe08bf
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Sat 8th Mar Colts v Silhillians, Warwickshire Colts Cup, round 1, 3pm
Sat 15th Mar Italy v England, Wales v Scotland and Ireland v France – SIX NATIONS final weekend kicking off at 12.30.
Sat 22nd Mar v Malvern, Charity Lunch, 3pm
Sat 29th Mar Pirates v Shipston Vets
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch, 3pm
11th to 13th April Pirates Tour
26th/27th April M&J Festival
9th May CLUB DINNER
NEWS OF MEMBERS
• James Neal, a former KRFC Minis & Junior from U7's to U16's, has been selected for England U18's Clubs and Schools training squad for up and coming games in France in April. James, a full back and now at Hartpury College, recently played for the Midlands who beat the Northern Division 35-5.