KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 6th OCT 2016
o A kicking course on 19th Oct
o Meet Andrew Whiting on 8th Oct
• A defeat, 17-27, for the first XV at Wolverhampton last week in very wet conditions and we have dropped down to 12th in the league, three off the bottom. We were always behind in the game after conceding a first minute try but we did well in the second half and just missed out on a try bonus. The report and piccies are on the web site. There were also wins for the Ladies, 28-26 at Cannock, and the Cavaliers, 92-5 at Old Laurentian 3’s.
• This Saturday the ones are back at home to face Bournville who are currently lying in third spot in the league with four wins out of their five games to date. As ever the game will be tweeted and the programme will be on the web site HERE from Friday evening. There is an informal hot buffet lunch before the game to which anyone is invited. This is an ideal opportunity to meet the opposition committee!
• In the afternoon of the 8th Oct there will be a representative of Andrew Whiting at the club and he will be available for consultation. If you wish to speak to him then Paul will point him out to you.
• Our Cavaliers have at last got a league fixture to play and are away at Banbury. On Sunday the Ladies travel to Five Ways OE’s in a cup game, kick off 2pm.
• Next week, Oct 16th we will be playing our cup semi final with Nuneaton and this will be played at Broadstreet with a 3pm kick off. There will be a charge of £2 on the gate. The other semi final is Broadstreet v Sutton Coldfield. In the Second XV cup we will be playing Silhillians, away, on the 30th Oct.
• Our Ladies Pitch Up and Play event held at the club on Monday 3rd October was a very big success and would you believe twelve new prospective members/players turned up!
• On Friday 21st Oct our Pirates will be playing Old Coventrians Vets in a game to mark the memory of Wal Prescott.
• Please remember the club now has BT Sport at the weekends and this includes Premiership Rugby & European Cup Rugby (with Sky) on Friday nights and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Sky will also be the platform for the up and coming Autumn Internationals at Twickenham.
• Another of our Sponsors is The Almanack. They have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a discount on any wine purchased. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• On Wed 19th Oct Tom Kendall is holding a kicking class on the main pitch and all prospective kickers are welcome to attend.
• On Wed 26th Oct there is a Rugby Awareness Seminar at Broadstreet and this is open to everyone. Full details are on the home page of the web site.
• On 11th Nov there will be the first 200 Draw of the season and more info on this will be provided nearer the time. It is a Friday night and you could have a pint and glass of wine waiting to see if you have won up to £1000! Full details are on the web site.
• The Martin Johnson coaching night was a very good night for the club and it is thanks to those in the U9’s who made it possible. The photos of the night are on the web site HERE
• The Ladies Day was also a very big success with 120 Ladies getting their way through an equal number of bottles of prosecco!. The photos can also be seen HERE
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
8th Oct v Bournville
16th Oct v Nuneaton, cup semi final, 3pm, Broadstreet
16th Oct Ladies v Dudley Kingswinford, 2pm
19th Oct Kicking Class, 7pm
21st Oct Pirates v Old Coventrians, 7pm, in memory of Wal Prescott
29th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich, 3pm: Pirates Lunch
30th Oct Silhillians v Cavaliers, 2.15, War Cup, round 1
5th Nov Cavaliers v Old Laurentian 2’s
11th Nov 200 Club Draw
12th Nov Warwickshire Cup Final
19th Nov v Hereford
26th Nov Cavaliers v Banbury
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
17th Dec Players Christmas Party