2for1 Argentina v Barbarians offer for 21st Nov
Important info re Bridgnorth
Info on Burns Night and St Davids Night
• No game for the ones last week but our Colts had a truly superb win at Newbold, 17-12, despite going there with a bare XV players and suffering a couple of injuries. Well done lads. The report on the game is on the web site. The other game played was a mix of our 2’s/3’s and Pirates who travelled to Old Coventrians and lost 15-35. The scorers were a blast from the past with Ian Phillips and Glyn Owen scoring tries and Wayne Morgan and Nick Prince successful with a pen and a con.
• This weekend the ones are away at Bridgnorth, always a nice place to visit. Bridgnorth are currently ninth in the league with two wins, three losses and two draws from their games to date. They are new to the league having been promoted last year as Champions of Mids 2 west south. I have placed a note on the News section of our web site (www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk) which explains where the Bridgnorth clubhouse is with reference to their ground and where to park. To add complication, we are not playing at their normal ground! Hopefully we will be tweeting for those not able to make the trip.
• At this point we have four other sides out. The Colts are on the main pitch and are taking on Nuneaton. Also at home are the Cavaliers who are playing Spartans. Our 3’s/Vets are away at Old Leamingtonians. On Sunday our Ladies are travelling to Buxton. There is a bus going to Buxton if you wish to travel with the Ladies.
• Please note all kick offs are now 2.15 with the Ladies at 2pm.
• Following the Ladies great cup win over Cannock they have been rewarded with another home fixture and on 22nd Nov they are taking on Rugby Lionesses, 2pm ko, probably on the main pitch.
• Next week (14th Nov) the ones are back at home with high flying Burton the visitors. The Colts are away at Berkswell & Balsall and the twos are at Pinley. Our Vets are away at Old Laurentian Vets.
• Membership for 15/16 is now due. Don’t forget to register for membership online – we won’t list all the details here again – follow the link on the web site to register and pay. Even if you are a Life Member we ask you to complete the registration form, please! There are very few players registered and we urgently ask you to.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with both Pro 12 and Premiership rugby being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• The winner of the Year of the Rose book raffle was Steph Bailey. Happy reading Steph.
• Some more dates for your diary are 22nd Jan for a Burns Night and a St David’s Night on 11th March. Last year’s Burns Night was a great success and if you fancy going then contact me.
• If the Argentinians turned you on at RWC15 then there is the opportunity to see them in action against the Barbarians at Twickenham on 21st Nov and there is a superb 2 for 1 offer through till tomorrow, 7th Nov. Check it out at http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/35004D89A4C02CB1?did=ukne241rb
• Also there is a work party at the Cow Patch tomorrow at 10am to erect the second gazebo. This should take about 2 hours – less if more turn up so please come down if you can make it – it is for the benefit of the M&J section!
• We also congratulate Richard Franklin. Richard was put forward by us as an exceptional Volunteer and has now been rewarded with a VIP lunch and the best seat for Wasps v Gloucester next week.
• If you have applied for Six Nations tickets please be advised that you will not be told of your allocation, if any, until I hear from the RFU about the extra tickets I have requested. We are 3 times oversubscribed for both games and the allocation of tickets is going to be a nightmare and will depend on the extra ones received from the RFU.
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 7th Nov Colts v Nuneaton, Cavaliers v Spartans
Sat 14th Nov v Burton, 2.15pm
Sun 22nd Nov Ladies v Rugby Lionesses, cup, 2pm
Sat 28th Nov v Dudley K, 2.15
Sat 5th Dec Christmas Dinner/Disco
Sat 12th Dec v Worcester Wanderers
Sat 19th Dec v Silhillians, Christmas Lunch
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Fri 11th March St David’s Night