200 club draw at club tonight
Two new DO90 events announced, but what are you going to do?
• The least said about the first XV loss last week to Earlsdon the better me thinks. It was 13-45, our biggest defeat for a while. There is no report up yet and I am chasing Ralph to do one. The piccies are up on the web site though. The Colts also lost, 0-21 to Chipping Norton and our Cavaliers also lost to Earlsdon 2's, 14-31.
• This weekend the ones are back on the road at Hereford and I remind all that this is the start of the 3pm kick offs for all games. Hereford are currently in second place in the league and in a close fight with Worcester Wanderers for the lay off spot. Our encounter at home was a superb and very close game. The Colts are at home on the main pitch in their cup game against Shipston whilst the Cavaliers travel to Leamington.
• Sunday 8th March: the U13s are at home (on the main pitch) to both Barkers Butts and Wetherby (on tour) in a triangular tournament with the U14s away to Barkers Butts. The Girls are at Old Laurentian and the U15s are training.
• The Cup Final which was set for next week is now in some doubt due to a number of reasons so keep an eye on the web site this week for further news.
• The following weekend, 21st March the ones are at home to Worcester Wanderers.
• Two new DO90 events have been announced this week and full details are on the web site. The first is a Sporting Dinner on 17th April with Ian Robertson the main speaker. The other involves cycling so if you are a cyclist then it would be good if you could take part.
• Tonight, 6th March, there will be a 200 Club Draw at the club, around 7pm.
• Would you believe there are still Members, including players at all levels, who have not paid their subs. You know who you are so please, pay up!
• The Wasps v Saracens game this Sunday, 8th March, has around 56 booked onto it so it should be a good day leaving from and returning to the club on a double decker bus! There are still some seats available on the bus so contact Peter Blakeman if you are interested.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• We have received a further communication from RWC2015 and they are launching a new Volunteering programme. Full details are on the home page of our web site.
• You will note that the WiFi at the club is now much improved and there are codes posted around the club.
• Last week our Chairman, Peter Blakeman finished his 90 laps of full size pitches - the last with the 'help' of the under 12s although they had no respect for the Chairman by all of them beating him! What are you doing to support the club by doing 90 something and getting sponsored to raise much needed funds for essential maintenance - particularly for upgrading all the electrics to meet current standards at the Main Ground and Cow Patch which we have been presented with an unexpected bill for over £5000 - Please DO90 to help the club.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
7th Mar Colts v Shipston, War Cup
8th Mar Coach to Wasps v Saracens
14th Mar Colts v Newbold, league
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
17th Apr Sporting Dinner with Ian Robertson
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
Early May Cycling for DO90
All of the Six Nations games will be shown live at the club on our big screens.