Wales v England tonight
France v Scotland tomorrow
• A win at Barkers last week but only just. We played into a gale in the first half and turn around 12-6 ahead but the anticipated big win in the second half failed to materialize and we went into injury time 17-18 down only for Josh Hickman to stroke a majestic long range penalty for a 20-18 win that, to be honest, was very harsh on Barkers. The report(s) and piccies are on the web site.
• The only other game last week was our Cavaliers, with a sprinkling of 3's, who lost at home to Barkers 21-29.
• This weekend we are back at home against Berkswell & Balsall. B&B are in a relegation fight (due to a five point deduction) and like previous games between ourselves, it will not be easy as they will be fighting for their survival (remember last year). Prior to the game there is the Former Players Lunch and it is good to report we have around 75 attending. The programme for the game will be posted on the web site this afternoon and if you cannot attend then check out the Twitter feed, @kenilworthrugby.
• The only other game on this week are the Colts who are away at Old Leamingtonians.
• There is no junior fixture on the main pitch this week and the games are: Sunday 8th February: confirmed fixtures U13s away to Nuneaton, Girls at Yardley, U14s and U15s training.
• The Six Nations start tonight with Wales v England at 8pm. Tomorrow we have Italy v Ireland @ 2.30, followed by the big game of the weekend, France (in red) v Scotland @ 5pm. All of the Six Nations games will be shown at the club.
• The semi final win over B&B a few weeks back means we will contest the Warwickshire Cup final for the first time since 2007 and we will be playing Nuneaton, who, would you believe, have never ever played in a Warwickshire Cup Final. The final is planned for 15th March and much to our dissapointment, and indeed Nuneaton's, it will be played at Broadstreet. We have big plans for the day so watch this space.
• Next weekend, 14th Feb, is a weekend off for the ones with the Colts down to play Tamworth at home. The Cavaliers and 3's are down to play Old Laurentian, home and away respectively.
• The following week, 21st Feb, the ones are off to Crewe for our first ever visit. There is a bus going with plenty room for supporters.
• I once again draw your attention to the possibility of KRFC attending the Wasps v Saracens game on the 8th March as a group, leaving and returning to the club on a bus. We are trying to gauge interest for this and full details are on the web site.
• The club are looking for a new Groundperson and the advert for this is included on the web site.
• You should by now have received your RFU Raffle tickets to sell. These need to be returned by 13th Feb.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• The tickets for the Six Nations have now been allocated and are ready for collection at the club.
• Following the big success of the Burns Night when 70 people attended the other Celtic Nations are in the advance stage of planning similar events so watch out for Welsh & Irish themed evenings soon!
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
6th Feb Wales v England, 8.05pm
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall & Former Players Lunch
14th Feb Colts v Tamworth
21st Feb 3's v Shottery
21st Feb away at Crewe – bus going!
28th Feb v Earlsdon
7th Mar 3's v Leamington
14th Mar Colts v Newbold
15th Mar WARWICKSHIRE CUP FINAL, v Nuneaton
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
All of the Six Nations games will be shown live at the club on our big screens.