- A good win (33-20) for the ones last week against Market Bosworth but listening in to Ralph’s tweets it could have been oh so better but all credit to Market Bosworth for hanging on in there. Bobby Thompson was on fire and scored three superb tries and young fly half Dale Glover scored a very good try, his first for the club. Ralph’s report is on the web site. We have now moved up to a very credible 6th in the league. The Cavaliers were let down on Saturday morning by Barkers Butts and did not play, nor did the 3’s. The Colts went to Nuneaton and lost 10-32.
- This weekend the first XV are away at Old Laurentians in the last of the first half of our fixtures. OL’s are, rather surprisingly from what we remember from last season, currently lying second bottom of the league with two wins from their twelve games and last week they lost 47-19 at Hereford, a not too similar score to us. It is always a difficult game there and tomorrow will be no exception. Our team is Dodd, Cresswell, Lowthian, Lane, Wadey, Mills, Openshaw, Thompson, Selby, Glover, Beckett, Sheehan, Tyler, Hickman, Kendall: subs Collett, Jepps, Phillips. If you cannot attend the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby or go onto the web site and click the Twitter button for regular updates from Ralph.
- The only other game this weekend is the Second XV Cup game on Sunday against Nuneaton Old Eds, kick off 2.15. Why not come along and support the boys as they seek to win the 2nd XV Cup again.
- Much to the amazement of Steve Sutherland the Colts have been given a home draw in the National Plate and this is against Evesham on Saturday the 21st Dec @ 2.15. This should be a great way to start/continue the Christmas Festivities and to see our superb Colts in action.
- Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
- Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this is now up on the wall of the club. Please pay up to have your name removed, if it is on it.
- M&J Fixtures for Sunday 8th: U13s and U15s away to Leamington, U16s home to Leamington, U14s training. Pitches: U16s on main pitch, U14s on CP2
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
- Next week, 14th Dec, will see the Club Fancy Dress Party with music and general mayhem. The theme for this year is Cowboys & Indians.
- There will be a Comedy Night on the 12th Dec – one of the popular Gong Nights.
- There is to be a Santa’s Touch Rugby on Wed 18th Dec, on the main pitch weather permitting. The normal rules of our Touch Rugby apply.
- Information on the Party, Comedy Night and Fancy Dress Party are on the web site together with a full list of KRFC Festivities.
- If you wish to see the pics taken in early Sept at Kenilworth Castle then you can. Go on http://www.photoboxgallery.com/KRFC. They are also being used on the M&J section of the web site.
- The Cavaliers/Barbarians are organising a short tour to Malta on 21st to 23rd Feb 2014. Full details of this are in the News Section of the web site. All over 18’s are welcome.
- The Barbarians are down to play two games over the Festive period, the 15th against Moreton College and the 29th Dec against Warwick School Old Boys.
- Please remember our Amazon link, accessed through the web site for your Christmas gifts. Everything you spend through this links results in small cash back to KRFC.
- Also on the web site you will find news of Rugby World Cup Tickets 2015 and how they are to be distributed.
- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
8th Dec – Second XV CUP v Nuneaton Old Eds, 2.15
12th Dec – COMEDY NIGHT GONG SHOW
14th Dec, v Stoke – Christmas Lunch @ noon
15th Dec – SANTA’s GROTTO
15th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Moreton College, 2pm
18th Dec – SANTA’S TOUCH RUGBY
21st Dec – Colts v Evesham, National Plate, 2.15pm
24th Dec – Christmas Eve at the club, from 6pm
25th Dec – Christmas Day at the club, from 1 till 3
26th Dec – Boxing Day at club from noon
29th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm