Ladies Pitch Up & Play has been cancelled!
Traffic on Birches Lane
U12's in action before the first XV on Saturday
A Kenilworth RFC Crossword!
Easter Touch Rugby – 16th April
• The ones had a good win away at Market Bosworth last week, 48-34 and this has kept us safe in Mids 1 west for another season. The report is on the web site as are the pics from the game. The Colts lost to Newbold, 15-22 but the Pirates, in their first outing of the season won 67-33 against Shipston Vets – a good warm up for their tour.
• This weekend the ones are at home to Old Laurentians who need to win to ensure their survival in the league next season. I think we would also like to win build on last weeks win (our first in seven) so a good game should result. If you cannot attend the game then look out for Ralph's tweets during the game. The programme will be on site as from Friday. Prior to the game our U12's will be playing Old Laurentians U12's on the main pitch. The exhibition game will kick off at 1.30pm before the main game at 3pm and will mark their move from mini to junior club players; many of the lads have been part of the club for over 6 years so your support would be a great boost as they step out onto the hallowed Kenilworth turf in their commemorative shirts that will be presented before the game by club chairman, Pete Blakeman.
• Prior to the first XV game there is a Former Players Lunch with 75 booked in! Please also look out for the Kenilworth RFC Crossword in the programme – there is a bottle of port available to the winner.
• The BBQ will be up and running before and during the OL's games. We will be serving from 1pm till 4pm (ish) and will have Warwickshire 1/4 beef burgers and pork sausage batches, all at £2.50 each.
• The Colts are in the pool but may not have a game. The Cavaliers are down to play Barkers Butts away whilst the 3's game v Bedworth 3's is OFF.
• Junior fixtures for 6th April are:
U14s away to Old Silhs
U15s not training
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• This is also Heineken Cup 1/4r final weekend with three games on Sat (1.30, 4.00 and 6.30) and one on Sunday (3pm, Toulon v Leicester).
• Next week (12th) we are away at Silhillians and they play at Warwick Road, Copt Heath, B93 9LW – close to the M42 and some very nice pubs en route either in Knowle or Barston. We then close the season with our re-arranged game v Malvern on the 26th April.
• Mixed fortunes for Warwick School at Twickenham last week with the U15 side retaining the cup they won last season but the U18's losing out to Dulwich College.
• Attracting 16 visiting clubs from across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond, the festival will bring 100's of families to the Kenilworth Club over the two days. Trophies will be presented to both Mini and Junior teams providing a great opportunity to profile your company across the weekend. If your company is interested in sponsoring any of the trophies, please contact Emma Tombs to discuss options and opportunities available.
• This years Club Dinner will be held on Friday 9th May and full details are now on the web site.
• Ladies Rugby – Pitch up and Play @ Kenilworth RFC – this has now been CANCELLED!
• The RFU have offered us a superb deal on tickets for ENgand v Samoa in November – it is a 2 for I adult ticket with juniors @ £10. Full details are on the web site.
• We now have some info on the advance sale of RWC 2015 tickets to the 'Rugby Community" and the procedure to apply is also on the web site. Please note to apply for tickets through KRFC you needed to have been a fully paid up member of KRFC on Sept 2013.
• There will be another Touch Rugby event on 16th April, on the main pitch @ 6pm. Meet at 6.00pm and kick off at 6.15 pm. Finish about 8.30pm. Usual summer rules but squads of 7+ with 6 on the pitch at any one time. One player must be 45+, one player 14-16 and a female 14+ on the pitch at all times.
• TRAFFIC ON BIRCHES LANE
As you may be aware Birches Lane and Glasshouse Lane are getting busier and the speed of the cars is getting more dangerous for pedestrians including school children to cross and for drivers. There is real prospect of us getting a crossing near the post office on Birches Lane. However to achieve this we need the support of the local community. After two recent serious incidents we ask if you could kindly go to the website below and sign the petition.
This is also a very strange ask but if people were able to cross the road by the Post Office next week and, if possible, specifically on Tues 9th April, between the hours of 8-11 and 2.30-5.30 then that would be brilliant so we can demonstrate that a number of people do use the road.
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch, 3pm
Mon 7th Apr Jazz Night
11th to 13th April Pirates Tour to Teignmouth
16th April Easter Touch Rugby, 6pm on main pitch
26th April v Malvern
26th/27th April M&J Festival
9th May CLUB DINNER
NEWS OF MEMBERS
• Dylan Tombs plays in the Under16s and is a Phoenix Explorer. He has been selected to represent Warwickshire at the World Scout Jamboree in Japan in 2015. To go on this once in a lifetime experience he needs to fund raise about £3000. This money funds his place plus a Scout from a third world country. He and his friend will be doing a Car Wash on Friday evenings in April at the Club between 6-8pm. Pop in for a pint and get your car cleaned while you wait.