KRFC NEWS, 3rd OCTOBER 2014
There is a bus going to Whitchurch and supporters welcome.
Please remember the Dog Ban @ the Cow Patch
Does anyone have a screen & projector the club could borrow?
• The ones returned to winning ways last week with a superb win over another higher placed team, this time Walsall, 20-18, with Ed Hannam scoring the last minute try to secure the game. This is now 3 wins out of 4 and we are now ruing that silly defeat at Stratford! We are fifth in the league. The report is on the web site and if you want some piccies you will need to go to the Walsall Web site @ http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/walsall/photos/kenilworth-20-18-walsall-290914-522145.html
• No other teams played last week. ok the Colts decided to have a week off but the 2's and 3's could not raise teams – come on boys we need players on the pitch!
• Tomorrow the first XV are off to Whitchurch and they are taking a bus. There is space for supporters if you wish to go with the bus leaving at 11.30. Whitchurch are currently in 8th spot in the league with two wins and two defeats and ten points. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby. The Colts are away at Camp Hill whilst the Cavaliers are on the main pitch against Nuneaton Old Eds. The 3's do not have a game.
• Last Saturday was the first of our Charity Lunches before the Walsall game, sponsored by Reeds Rains Estate Agency and we are delighted to announce that the sum of £1260 was raised.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off.
• Next week, 11th Oct, we are at home to Barkers Butts which will be preceded by a Former Player Lunch. The Colts and the 3's are away Coventrians and the Cavaliers are at Barkers. These are all still 3pm kick offs.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js. All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• There has only been one comment on the new web site layout so it is assumed it is satisfying the needs of everyone!
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• On 13th October the club is giving a presentation at a Sports Development Evening and need a projector and a screen for the night. If anyone can help then please contact Peter Blakeman.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
4th Oct Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet), 8pm
11th Oct v Barkers Butts – FORMER PLAYERS LUNCH
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup, 2.15
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet), 8pm
8th/9th Nov Kenilworth v Old Laurentian, War Cup ¼ r final, 2.15
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band), 8pm
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH, noon for 2.15 kick off