KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 3rd NOV 2017
2.15 kick offs from this weekend
Two England v Argentina tickets available
Santa 7s (and Return to Rugby) on 20th Dec, complete with Carol Singing!
Do you have a postal franking machine we could use? – full cost reimbursed
• A good weekend for the club last week with all four sides winning. Pride of place went to the Colts who had a great 39-12 win at Rugby St Andrews, with only 14 men!. A Development Squad won at Edwardians (28-17) and the Pirates had a big win over Leamington, 73-26, with participation from a number of golden oldies (Messrs Hersey, Burnside, Varney and Smith, to name but a few). Our Ladies Dev Squad kept up the good work on the Sunday with a 56-0 win away at Birmingham Uni, a very pleasing aspect being the number of new names on the score sheet. A report on the Colts game is on the web site and there are also piccies of the Pirates game. The stats for all sides up to the end of Oct are now available on the site.
• The first XV are back in league action with a trip to Barkers Butts who are currently lying in 5th spot in the league with three wins from their five games to date. We are currently in 3rd spot, four points behind the leaders Malvern. It would be good to see a big support cheering the boys onto the pitch. Our second XV are entertaining barkers Butts at home and our Colts are also at home, on the main pitch, against Stratford. These games are all 2.15 kick offs. On Sunday our ladies travel to Wellingborough. Our girls are top (with four wins) and Wellingborough are 8th with one win and three losses.
• The planned Pirates game with Shottery this weekend has been called off.
• Next weekend the ones are at home against Berkswell & Balsall. Our Colts are away at Leamington whilst, on the Sunday, our girls are at home to Bridgnorth. Also on Sunday our second XV are away at Old Laurentian in the Second XV Shield.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• In conjunction with our main sponsor, Andrew Whiting, we are organising an electronic club Christmas card which is to be designed by a M&J member. The request for a design is soon to be issued with the selection taking place on 24th Nov. The winner will receive a £50 voucher for the club shop.
• There are still logs to be had at the Cowpatch and full details of how to gather them were in the last Newsletter. In the next week or so it is planned to organise a work party(ies) to do a clear up prior to the planting of the new trees. Watch this space for info.
• PAG has been busy organising and there is to be a Santa 7s on the 20th Dec from 6pm – we are running this in conjunction with our Return to Rugby scheme so if you know of a lapsed player then please let them know and hopefully we can encourage them back to playing for the club. There will be eight teams of mixed abilities, gender and ages and these teams will be sorted out on the night to ensure a level playing standard. It is also planned to have the BBQ going and to finish the night with a bout of Carol Singing at the club so even if you are not playing then why not come down and begin the Christmas period with a bang.
• With regards our Return to Rugby scheme we are sending out (by post) around 520 postcard invites to lapsed members of the club and it is planned to send them out in the last week of November. To facilitate this we ask if any member has access to a franking machine and could make it available for this exercise with the club refunding the full cost. It will make life easier (and could be free advertising via the frank stamp!)
• Another PAG event is the annual Christmas BaBa’s fixture in memory of Alex Wallis and this has now been arranged for under the lights on Friday 29th December against Princethorpe Old Boys, kick off 7pm.
• Things are moving fast with respect of our proposed sale and move and it is planned to issue a progress statement next week.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
4th Nov Colts v Stratford, 2.15
4th Nov Second XV v Barkers Butts, 2.15
11th Nov Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15
11th Nov England v Argentina on TV, 2.30
12th Nov Ladies v Bridgnorth, 2.00
18th Nov Colts v Earlsdon, 2.15
18th Nov 2nd XV v Newbold, 2.15
18th Nov England v Australia on TV, 2.30
19th Nov Ladies v Five Ways, cup, 2.00
25th Nov 2nd XV v Stratford, 2.15
25th Nov England v Samoa on TV, 2.30
2nd Dec Earlsdon, 2.15
2nd Dec Colts v Barkers Butts, 2.15
16th Dec Southam, 2.15 Xmas Lunch
20th Dec Santa 7s and Return to Rugby night, and Carol Singing!
29th Dec Barbarians v Princethorpe OB’s, 7pm
Note: we have both BT Sport and Sky Sports so all rugby that is available will be shown. The Autumn Internationals will all be shown.