CHAMPIONS! – and thanks for the very big support the boys received at Bedworth
PETE FOX – funeral details
29th JUNE – Brunch with a Lion (Doddie Weir)
- A big 67-7 win against Bedworth secured the league title last weekend and an immediate return to Midlands 1 west (level 6). The result was never in doubt (after the game started!) and we ran in a total of ten tries The report and piccies are on the web site. Celebrations back at the club, and the sing-along with Andy Honess and others, went on till late and you can also see these pics on the web site. A good day all round.
- This week, 3rd May is the league play off and if you still want your fix of live rugby then pop along to Old Laurentians to see them do battle with Moseley Oak, 3pm.
- Tomorrow, 4th May the club will open at 2pm and will show the Saracens v Bath game that kicks off at 2.30. Tonight there will be a game from the Pro12 league and on Sunday there are two big footy games, Liverpool/Everton and Man U/Chelsea.
- The Club Dinner (for fully paid up club members only) next week, 10th May, is at the club with food provided by The Almanack and is now a SELL OUT and there is a list on the web site of names who are going. Pete Lindsay asks that you check this list to see if you are down to go. If you cannot now go then let Pete know ASP as he has a waiting list. Anyone on the list who does not attend will be charged in full.
- The first XV pitch is now being renovated after a hard season and your co-operation in keeping off it would be appreciated. Work is also being undertaken at the Cow Patch with the major drainage work on the Training Pitch also due to commence shortly.
- Please remember our Function Room is available for hire for a variety of purposes and full details are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/facilities.html
- Please remember the AMAZON link on our web site and if you use this link then the club gets a small kickback on your purchase. It is located on the Home Page just below the league table on the RHS.
- We are soon to have a meeting of the Web Site Crew so if you have any comments, good or bad, or suggestions, on the web site then please let me know.
- The M&J Festival last week was a great success and it is thanks to the M&J section for their efforts. I attended last week for the first time and was astonished by the numbers there and the organization needed and the event was a credit to all and Kenilworth RFC.
- KENILWORTH RFC GOLF DAY - This year’s KRFC Golf Day will be held at Stoneleigh Golf Club on Fri 7th June and will include a round of golf followed by a curry back at the club, courtesy of the Sunam Balti. Cost will be £35 to include the golf, prizes and food. For further information contact Jai Purewal or Dom Carrick.
- On Sat 29th June, the date of the 2nd Lions Test, the club is hosting a “Brunch with a Lion”, the Lion being Doddie Weir. This will involve a pre game brunch and talk from Doddie, the game on the club’s two big screens and half-time and full-time talk/comment from Doddie, including a Q&A session. The cost is £20. Please note that the club will be closed on this day and entry to the club will only be through payment of £20 and attendance at the event. Full details are now on the web site.
- The two other Lions Tests will be shown at the club (11am) and the other games will also be recorded for showing when the club is open. However look out for the club opening for Saturday ‘non test’ games – full details nearer the time.
- On 10th to 12th May there is a Rugby 4Heroes Event @ Old Leamingtonians. Full information can be obtained from www.rugbyforheroes.org and a poster is up at the club. Our Barbarians have entered a team on the Saturday and they will be in good nick after the Club Dinner! If you wish to play in this then there are details on the web site.
- FUTURE EVENTS AT KRFC
10TH MAY CLUB DINNER
28/31st MAY LEICESTER TIGERS RUGBY COURSE
7th JUNE KRFC GOLF DAY
29th JUNE BRUNCH WITH A LION (DODDIE WEIR)
- NEWS OF MEMBERS
- The funeral of Pete Fox is to take place on Tuesday 7th May at 2.30pm; location is Church of St Mary’s, Whitchurch, Stratford upon Avon, CV37 8NU. Then back to Kenilworth Rugby Club from around 4pm onwards. All welcome to either/both.
- Peter Blakeman and a few other members of KRFC are involved in a charity event on 12th May – SUPER CAR SUNDAY @ the Almanack in Kenilworth. If you are into cars then this is the event for you – full details at https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=gmail&attid=0.1&thid=13e3af46a070375e&mt=application/pdf&url=https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui%3D2%26ik%3D6e65615378%26view%3Datt%26th%3D13e3af46a070375e%26attid%3D0.1%26disp%3Dsafe%26zw&sig=AHIEtbSOR60Ie-mn4S7NmVU70jmSNHajnQ