KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 31st JAN 2014
• Last weeks game against Berkswell & Balsall had to be abandoned after 55 minutes with lots of water lying on the pitch following an epic storm. It was disappointing as we were leading 17-10 at the time with tries from Dale, Nyle and Ed but as the game had not gone 60 minutes we have to do it all again, pitch and weather willing, this Sat, both clubs first available date. The very good news is that there is no admission charge to the game and it is free (but you will need to do with last weeks programme though!).
• The pitch was playable last night but there is a lot of rain forecast for today so check out the web site.
• Prior to the game there is a very informal hot buffet to which everyone is invited (for a small charge). Please book yourself in with Peter Blakeman ASAP.
• The Colts game at Broadstreet went ahead, albeit interrupted by the weather and they lost 19-27. The Cavaliers travelled to Bournville 2's and lost 5-29.
• The Colts are away at Chipping Norton, the Cavaliers are at Broadstreet 3's and the 3's are at Trinity Guild 2's.
• Junior fixtures for 2nd Feb:
U13s & U15's away at Nuneaton
U14s at home to Nuneaton (on main pitch if playable)
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• This weekend the Six Nations kick off and all games will be shown at the club. The big one this weekend is France v England on Saturday @ 5pm.
• Next week the ones are away at Burton. The next home game is the 15th Feb v Hereford in a game sponsored by Pinnock Bell.
• KENILWORTH JAZZ: There is a new Jazz Club starting up at the club on a Monday night from 3rd February. On this night the Tom Green Select will play. Doors will open at 8pm (bar open from 6pm) and a charge of £6 will be made on the door. Other dates currently set are 3rd March, 12th May and 2nd June.
• WARWICKSHIRE SECOND XV CUP: We have been drawn away at Sutton Coldfield in the semi final of the 2nd XV Cup and this is to be played on Sunday 9th Feb. I am sure we will put out a strong and competitive side and the boys would really appreciate a big support in a very winnable game. The other semi is between Pinley and Broadstreet.
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Sat 1st Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15pm
Mon 3rd Feb Jazz Night, Tom Green Select, 8pm
Sun 9th Feb Warwickshire 2nd xv cup semi final – Sutton Coldfield, away, 2.15
Sat 15th Feb v Hereford, sponsored by Pinnock Bell
Sat 22nd Mar v Malvern, Charity Lunch
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch
NEWS OF MEMBERS
• Our 3rd XV fly-half Mark Turner is currently partaking in the January dryathlon in aid of Cancer Research (a Charity very, very close to his heart). If anyone can spare just a couple of quid in support, then it would be gratefully received, as it seems he's not far away from his target...
This month I've abstained from alcohol in aid of the Cancer Research Dryathlon ...it's an excellent cause that sadly impacts on most of us in one way or another during our lives...if you'd like to sponsor me it's not too late so please give what you can ...link to my JustGiving page is below: