KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 30th OCT 2015
- M&J World Cup Final Horror Party, commencing 1.30
- Big new signing announced
• A loss to report from last week, 12-15, to a bigger more experienced Bournville. All credit to our lads who fought hard in the dying minutes to secure a losing bonus point with a penalty try in the last play of the game. Gaz Renowden was our other scorer. The report and the piccies are on the web site.
• Coach Wayne Morgan has moved fast to plug the gap left by Josh Hickman’s injury and we have signed the Rugby Lions and Warwickshire U20’s full back Jamie Mapletoft, the nephew of Mark Mapletoft (Gloucester, London Irish and England). Jamie will hopefully be available for our trip to Bridgnorth next week.
• Our Colts are really struggling to play these days with, previously, their opposition crying off late and last week there was no ref available for their game with Barkers. Our 2’s and 3’s did play however and combined to defeat AEI Rugby 36-12 with two tries for Tim Wilson and singles for Matt Jenkins, Cory Joy, Jai Purewal and Ed Rogers.
• Our Ladies graced the main pitch on Sunday and had a superb 53-8 win over Cannock. The report on this game, and piccies, are on the web site. You will note that the Ladies have now been given their own ‘header’ on the web site giving direct access to them and their fixtures, results etc. Their fixture last Wednesday was cancelled due to the wet condition of the training pitch. Their next scheduled fixture is next Wednesday at home against Berkswell & Balsall ko 7pm.
• This weekend the Colts are trying again and are down to play Newbold Colts away. Our 2’s and 3’s have again combined and have picked up a game with Old Coventrians. The ones were never scheduled for a game. Kick offs are 2.15pm.
• Next week (7th Nov) it is back to league action with the ones traveling to Bridgnorth – always a good trip! Our Colts are at home to Nuneaton, as are the Cavaliers who are at home to Spartans. Our Vets/Pirates have their first outing with a game at Old Laurentian Vets. Please note all kick offs are now 2.15pm.
• Membership for 15/16 is now due. Don’t forget to register for membership online – we won’t list all the details here again – follow the link on the web site to register and pay. Even if you are a Life Member we ask you to complete the registration form, please! There are very few players registered and we urgently ask you to.
• This weekend it is the RWC Final and this will be shown on our four TV’s at the club, together with fine ales and wines and some burgers. Kick off is 4pm. PrIor to this the Chelsea v Liverpool game will be available on BT Sport.
• Prior to the game the M&J’s are holding a World Cup Final Horror Party commencing at 1.30 and full details on this are on the web site.
• At the club tonight there is lots of TV rugby with the Bronze Final between South Africa and Scotland and also Pro12 rugby before this. On Sunday there is also a choice of Pro12 or Premiership rugby on the TV.
• One of our programme sponsors, The Gallery, (www.thegallerykenilworth.co.uk) – an art gallery and wine bar in Smalley Place, is hosting an ‘Artists Social’ on Thursday 5th Nov and full details of this are at www.facebook.com/events/553844201431104 . Attending will be our very own Kaz Pittaway. If you go you must try the Youngs Bitter which Ben keeps on tap, possibly the best pint in Kenilworth!
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Fri 30th Oct World Cup Bronze Final, 8pm
Sat 31st Oct World Cup final, 4pm
Sat 31st Oct World Cup Party – details on web site
Wed 4th Nov Ladies v Berkswell & Balsall, 7pm
Sat 7th Nov Colts v Nuneaton, Cavaliers v Spartans
Sat 14th Nov v Burton, 2.15pm
Sat 28th Nov v Dudley K, 2.15
Sat 5th Dec Christmas Dinner/Disco
Sat 12th Dec v Worcester Wanderers
Sat 19th Dec v Silhillians, Christmas Lunch