KRFC NEWS, 30th OCTOBER 2014
WELCOME TO NEW M&J MEMBERS
HALLOWEEN NIGHT ON 31ST OCT AT CLUB
VERY LAST CHANCE TO GET THE REDUCED SUBS OFFER
SPONSOR WANTED FOR BT SPORT
• Another win to report for the ones in our first ever game against Crewe & Nantwich, 26-17. We had a big lead at half-time but C&N came back into the game and it was in the balance at 20-17 till Mr Hickman sealed the win with two superb penalties. Our try scorers were 'man of the match' Pete Nancarrow and James Wadey – two in two weeks or James! Despite this win, our 7th in 8 league games, we remain fourth behind Hereford, Worcester Wanderers and Newport, all of who are on the horizon in the next few weeks. The report is on the web site as are the piccies.
• Before the C&N game there was a Charity Lunch for Molly Olly and this raised an incredible £2570. Piccies of the event are on the web site and, before you ask, we have not signed a monster second row, it is the Molly Olly mascot!
• The Colts travelled to Old Coventrians but lost 8-32. The 2's and 3's both played Old Leamingtonians with the 2's winning 24-22 and the 3's losing 12-24.
• On Saturday the first XV are back on the road but it is the short trip to Earlsdon. Earlsdon are currently lying in 9th spot in the league with 3 wins out of their eight games. It is always a hard game there and Saturday will be no exception. Last week they lost away at Hereford. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter - @kenilworthrugby. There has been a great debate as to where the faithful will meet for a pre game drink and it has been decided that this will be the Virgins & Castle in Kenilworth from 12.30 (it is a 2.15 kick off).
• The Colts are at home to Old Leamingtonians. The Cavaliers are at Old Laurentian 2's on Sunday for their Warwickshire Cup game. The 3's are having the weekend off. Please note we are now into 2.15 kick offs.
• On Sunday the junior game on the main pitch is the U15's against Stratford. The U13's and 14's are also playing Stratford but at the Cow Patch site. The girls are not training this weekend. A set of M&J fixtures for the season is on the web site.
• On Sunday after the M&J's games and training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 8th Nov the ones are having a week off. The Cavaliers (away) and 3's (home) are down to play Leamington with the Colts away at Tamworth.
• Kenilworth RFC were formed in 1924 and played their first game on Sept 20th. Hence we have something to celebrate this 90th season! First on the agenda is a Dinner/Disco to be held at the club on the 6th Dec. Other events are in the advanced stage of planning, including a Six Nations Dinner and a pre match lunch and it is hoped to conclude the celebrations with a special game in May featuring two guest teams. It is also planned to make the year a big fund raising event and fund raising activities will be co-ordinated around the theme '90' – watch this space.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• Tomorrow, 31st October there will be a Halloween Night from 6pm and if you have not seen what gets done to the back room then you must come down and see this. The event is open to all and the web site contains more info @ www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk In a similar vein there will be a Santa's Grotto on the 21st Dec.
• The Autumn Internationals are coming up and all of the England games are on Sky and will be shown at the club. You will note that the entire Premiership and some of the European games are now on BT Sport which the club does not have as it costs £75 per month. If anyone out there fancies sponsoring the club to show BT Sport then feel free to contact me and I will ensure that you, or your company, get a lot of publicity for it.
• Our Pirates have their first outing of the season on the 15th Nov in a serious challenge match against the famous Richmond Heavies Veterans side in London. The coach departs KRFC @ 9am and will return "later" that evening. We are having an early kick off - 12.15pm so that some players and spectators can make the short distance to Twickenham for the England vs S.Africa Test Match. The rest of the team and spectators will watch the game at Richmond Athletic Ground - it is one of the oldest clubs in the world and also the home of London Scottish. A number of former KRFC stalwarts have confirmed their availability but anyone else is welcome and can contact me on this e mail address or 07989 444438. There are also spaces on the bus if anyone wants to combine the match with a way of getting to and from Twickenham for the International - what better preparation for Eng v SA than watching the Pirates take on one of England's best veteran's teams!
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
31st Oct HALLOWEEN NIGHT
1st Nov Colts v Old Leamingtonians Colts, 2.15
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
15th Nov Richmond Heavies v Pirates
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold: Colts v Chipping Norton, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th ANNIVERSARY LUNCH
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL