KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 1st FEB 2018
Jim Hamilton Dinner, 22nd March
Second XV in Shield final on 4th March
Former Players Lunch on 10th March
U15’s final on 15th April
• What a cracking weekend for the club last week with big wins for our first XV (60-5 over Old Yards), Colts (53-5 over Rugby St Andrews), Ladies (43-15 over Lutterworth) and our Second XV (30-15 over Shipston in the Shield Semi Final). To round it off our U15’s defeated Old Leamingtonians 46-0 in the semi final of the Warwickshire U15 cup. There are reports on all games on the web site with pics available for the ones, seconds and U15’s. Well done to all.
• Our second XV now play Berkswell & Balsall in the final of the 2nd XV Shield and this is to be played at Broadstreet on the 4th March. Our U15’s will pay either Silhillians or Sutton Coldfield in the final at The Butts Arena on 15th April.
• The big news from the Ladies is that their closest rivals in the league, Five Ways Aston Old Eds lost to Bridgnorth and our girls now lead the league by six points with five games to play. They are looking good for back to back promotions.
• This weekend our Men’s first XV are away at Silhillians. Silhillians are currently lying 9th in the league with five wins from their fourteen games and it is never an easy game there. Our twos are not playing and neither are the Pirates who were down to play Shottery. Our Ladies are at home on Sunday to Wellingborough. Our Colts are playing next Wednesday, 7th Feb, against Broadstreet in a U16/U17 game.
• Our Ladies cup win at Wymondham has earned them a 1/4r final RFU cup tie at home to Barnsley on 25th Feb. Barnsley are top of their league, one level above us.
• On Sat 3rd March we are holding a St David’s Night Dinner and full details of this are now on the web site. It would appear to be a sell out.
• The Six Nations will soon be upon us and all games will be shown at the club on our four big screens. If you applied for Twickenham tickets then there is an envelope behind the bar advising you of your allocation, if any, and how to claim your refund.
• On Sunday 18th Feb our M&J section are attending the Wasps v Exeter game and are acting as flag wavers, mascots etc for the day. There will be buses leaving the club and we ask that you book through the following link: http://krfc.eventbrite.com/ If you click on the link you and then select the Event (Wasps v Exeter) you will see some further information on the plan for the day.
• This is also a reminder that if you plan to buy tickets for any home Wasps game then please use our specific code, KENRFC, for kick back to come to the club.
• The funeral of Mark Ashworth will be held at Tredington Church (near Shipston on Stour) Warwickshire on Monday 12th February at 13.00hrs, followed by a few beers back at Shipston RFC in celebration of Mark’s life.
• Our next Sporting Dinner is a big one with Scottish Legend Jim Hamilton. It is to be held on 22nd March and details are on the web site.
• The next Former Players Lunch will be on the 10th March before our game with Droitwich and details will soon be sent out.
• You may be interested in knowing that The Catesby Group are developing the area around The Woodside and they have produced an outline development plan which can be viewed at https://www.catesby-kenilworth.co.uk/
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
4th Feb Italy v England, 3pm
4th Feb Ladies v Wellingborough, 2.00
10th Feb England v Wales, 4.45
11th Feb Spartans - Warwickshire Shield ½ final, 2.15
17th Feb v Barkers Butts, 2.15, Volunteers Lunch
17th Feb 200 Club Draw, 7pm
18th Feb Wasps takeover day
24th Feb Scotland v England, 4.45
25th Feb Ladies v Barnsley, RFU Cup, 1/4r final, 2.00
3rd Mar St David’s Night
4th Mar Second XV Shield final v Berkswell & Balsall
10th Mar v Droitwich, 3.00, Former Players Lunch
10th Mar France v England, 4.45
17th Mar England v Ireland, 2.45
22nd Mar Jim Hamilton Dinner