KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 2nd DEC 2016
• The first XV continue to struggle with another defeat last week at Worcester Wanderers, 17-34, and we are now six points adrift at the foot and eleven points off safety – the report is on the web site. Our Ladies Development squad traveled to Old Northamptonians and won 20-14 whilst our Cavaliers put up a very good performance against the runaway league leaders Banbury, losing 17-34.
• This weekend the first XV are away at Moseley Oak who are currently 10th in the league with four wins from their eleven games. Last week they had a very good 28-27 win at Hereford. On Sunday the Ladies are at home to Coventry Welsh who are lying in sixth spot in the league with two wins from their five games. The table is still showing us in second spot although we are really top with our five wins out of six. There is no home game on Saturday.
• Next week (10 Dec) the ones are at home to league leaders Newport and this is preceded by our Christmas Lunch. On Sunday the Ladies are away at Winnington Park whilst our Cavaliers are playing their cup 1/4r final at Leamington.
• Our Sponsors, The Almanack, have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a 10% discount off food and drink purchased in the eatery. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• Last nights Sporting Dinner with Dean Richards was a big success with Dean telling numerous funny stories about his life in rugby and also answering a number of questions.
• The club Christmas Party is to be held on the 17th Dec and details of this are on the web site.
• We are making plans to refurb the bar area and this will involve work that could be undertaken by club members. If you think you have skills and expertise that could help in the refurb then please let me know and you will be considered for the work.
• The notes on Pitch Use Guidance for coaches are now on the web site.
• We have received sad news from John I'Anson that his mum Nancy has passed away following a battle with bone cancer. She was a well known club member and supporter for many years before moving away to be with John.
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
4th Dec Ladies v Cov Welsh, 2pm
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
11th Dec Second XV Cup 1/4r final @ Leamington, 2.15
17th Dec Cavaliers v Stratford, 2.15
17th Dec Players Christmas Party
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School OB’s, 2pm
7th Jan v Sutton Coldfield, 2.15
8th Jan Ladies v Cannock, 2pm
21st Jan v Wolverhampton, 2.15
27th Jan Burns Night