KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 29th JULY 2016
• There was a good turnout for the AGM at the end of June. Notable actions/decisions were:
o Kerry Kirwan as taken on the role of Minis & Juniors Chairman.
o John Davies has retired as Treasurer after~45 years in the job!
o This leaves the role of Treasurer open and if anyone fancies it then please contact me. Please note we have now employed a book keeper to do the routine work involved in the job and to set up our accounts on an up to date accounting package so it will be a lot easier and more of a managerial role!
• The players are back training (Tuesday & Thursdays at Cow Patch) and there are currently two pre season games arranged. On the 20th August they are off to Didsbury where Jamie Peacock is the Director of Rugby. There is a bus going and Wayne is keen to have as many players go as possible so please contact him, or Mick O’Brien ASAP. The second game is at home on the 27th Aug against Newbold. This however is subject to the draw for the first (preliminary) round of the Warwickshire Cup (yes we have been reinstated!) which is due that weekend.
• Wednesday night touch is ongoing at the Cowpatch from 7pm.
• Our first league game is Sat 3rd Sept and we are away at Stoke. The following week is a home game against Stratford. The full league fixtures for the ones are on the News section of the web site.
• Our Cavaliers (second XV) have been promoted to Warwickshire 1 league and they start their league fixtures on the 10th Sept against Stratford, away. There are no Colts fixtures yet and the 3’s will be picking up fixtures on a week to week basis from the pool.
• Our Ladies have been placed in National Challenge Midlands 2 North and they open their league fixtures on 10th Sept away at Coalville.
• The fixtures for all teams will soon be on the web site once they are all available but the available fixtures for individual teams will be put on the News section.
• The M&J Registration Day will be 4th Sept
• There has been a lot of work done on the Training Pitch over the summer and it is summarised at www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/news/ . Please take time to read this. The pitch will come into restricted use in late October and a time-table of usage will soon be issued. Please note to assist in training over the winter months the club is planning to purchase a set of mobile training lights for use on useable unlit pitches.
• It is with sadness that I have to report the death of Ray Ball a lifelong supporter of the club and former M&J coach. This follows on from the shock death of Wal Prescott in June.
• The web site is currently being updated for the new season so please bear with us. If anyone out there fancies helping out then contact me.