KRFC NEWS, 16th JAN 2015
We are in the Warwickshire Cup Final!
• Two superb wins to report since my last formal News – a super league win at home to Whitchurch and a cup semi final win over Berkswell & Balsall last weekend. I was listening into the Whitchurch game on Twitter and although we went 0-12 behind early doors it appeared we were the better team and we eventually ran out superb 29-12 bonus point winners. The one down-side to the win was injuries to Johnny Cresswell and Matt Gibson and hence, the following weekend we had a bit of front row crisis resulting in two second/third team players being drafted in. B&B scored early on to give us a wee bit of a fright but we played incredibly well for the remainder of the game to run out 34-19 winners. The reports on both games are on the web site, as are piccies of the semi final.
• The semi final win means we will contest the Warwickshire Cup final for the first time since 2007 and we will be playing Nuneaton, who, would you believe, have never ever played in a Warwickshire Cup Final. The final is planned for 15th March and much to our disgust, and indeed Nuneaton's, it will be played at Broadstreet.
• Other games last week saw the Colts defeat the strong Old Coventrians outfit, 22-20 (report and piccies are on the web site) and our 3's (with a sprinkling of 2's) having a superb win, 38-16, at Harbury 2's.
• This Saturday (31st the ones are back on the road and are away at Barkers Butts who are currently bottom of our league with three wins from their sixteen games. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby or through the web site twitter feed.
• The Colts are having a weekend off whilst, this week our 2's, with a sprinkling of 3's are at home to Barkers Butts on the main pitch. There is no 3's game.
• Next weekend, 7th Feb, we are at home to Berkswell & Balsall in the league and prior to the game there will be a Former Players Lunch. This is almost a sell out but Pete Boyle could still maybe squeeze you in if you fancy it.
• The club are looking for a new Groundperson and the advert for this is included on the web site.
• The Club have now launched our 'DO 90' campaign and full details have been issued and are now on the web site. The planned events are included in the Events section.
• Soon it will be RFU Raffle time and by now you should have received your books of tickets to sell. These need to be returned by 13th Feb.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th LUNCH
28th Feb v Earlsdon
6th Mar Sporting Celebrity Dinner
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
5th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ