Info on KRFC Christmas Festivities
A tour to Malta in Feb
A table available for Christmas Lunch on 14th Dec
Congratulations to Yann and Dr Tom!
- If you are not yet switched on to following KRFC games on Twitter then you must. Last week’s game was a classic and Ralph summed it up beautifully with his final tweets – catch them on our web site if you want. The game at Malvern ended 24 all but we were behind from the start 0-21 then 5-24 but we clawed our way back and scored a try in the dying minute which Josh Hickman converted for the draw. We collected three points for our efforts and remain in 7th spot. Ralph’s report is on the web site. The Cavaliers also won at Old Laurentians but the 3’s lost at home to Old Wheatleyans to end their four game winning streak. Reports on both these games are also on the web site.
- The Colts travelled to Hereford on Sunday but exited the National Colts Cup. Going down to Hereford, 14-41. They now enter the National Colts Plate and should go far. Here is hoping they get a home draw though so we cn watch them! A brief report on the Hereford game is on the web site.
- This weekend the first XV are at home to Market Bosworth. Market Bosworth are lying second bottom of the league with two wins but last week they gave Hereford a decent looking game and will be no pushovers. There is no team news yet. If you cannot attend the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby or go onto the web site and click the Twitter button for regular updates from Ralph. The programme fior the game will be on the site from 6pm tonight.
· The Colts are away at Nuneaton and the Cavaliers are at home to Barkers Butts. There is no 3’s game.
- On the telly this weekend Wales take on Australia on Sat night with a 5pm kick off. There is also the Dubai Sevens with the finals tomorrow afternoon. I do not think we will see Dom or Povey though!
- The draw for the 1/4r final of the Warwickshire Second XV Cup has paired us with Nuneaton Old Eds, at home and will be played on Sunday 8th Dec, 2.15, next week!
- Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
- Our next league game is on the 7th December at Old Laurentians – good memories from last season! Our next home game is the 14th Dec against Stoke, the first of the return fixtures.
- Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this will soon go up in the club so if you do not want your name to appear then please pay up.
- M&J Fixtures for Sunday 1st Dec:U13s, U15s and U16s training. No U14’s game.
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
- A date has been set for the Christmas Party and, like last year, it will be held at The Holiday Inn on 7th Dec. Posters are now up at the club and on the web site.
- The following week, 14th Dec, will see the Club Fancy Dress Party with music and general mayhem. The theme for this year is Cowboys & Indians.
- There will be a Comedy Night on the 12th Dec – one of the popular Gong Nights.
- There is to be a Santa’s Touch Rugby on Wed 15th Dec, on the main pitch weather permitting. The normal rules of our Touch Rugby apply.
- Information on the Party, Comedy Night and Fancy Dress Party are on the web site together with a full list of KRFC Festivities.
- If you wish to see the pics taken in early Sept at Kenilworth Castle then you can. Go on http://www.photoboxgallery.com/KRFC. They are also being used on the M&J section of the web site.
- The Cavaliers/Barbarians are organising a short tour to Malta on 21st to 23rd Feb 2014. Full details of this are in the News Section of the web site. All over 18’s are welcome.
- Please remember our Amazon link, accessed through the web site for your Christmas gifts. Everything you spend through this links results in small cash back to KRFC.
- Also on the web site you will find news of Rugby World Cup Tickets 2015 and how they are to be distributed.
- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
7th Dec – KRFC Christmas Party @ Holiday Inn
12th Dec – COMEDY NIGHT GONG SHOW
14th Dec, v Stoke – Christmas Lunch @ noon
15th Dec – SANTA’s GROTTO
15th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Moreton College, 2pm
18th Dec – SANTA’S TOUCH RUGBY
24th Dec – Christmas Eve at the club, from 6pm
25th Dec – Christmas Day at the club, from 1 till 3
26th Dec – Boxing Day at club from noon
28th Dec – KRFC Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm
……………………….and finally congratulations to Mr & Mrs Yann Lawrence and Mr & Mrs Tom Nicholson who have both recently produced two baby boys . We wish both families well.