KENILWORTH RFC NEWS, 28th FEB 2014
News of Club Dinner
A chance to help with the club web site
Help @ Whitchurch
• A big disappointment last week as the ones went down at home to Berkswell & Balsall, 22-23 in the much re-arranged fixture. We remain 8th in the league. Ralph's report, and the pics, are on the web site.
• There was more disappointment on the Sunday when the 2's exited the Second XV Cup at the semi final stage at Sutton Coldfield, 13-18. The report and pics are also on the web site.
• The miserable KRFC weekend was also not helped with defeats for the Colts at home to Barkers Butts and the 3's away to Harbury – supposed to be their 2's but some doubt!
• This weekend the ones are away at Whitchurch who lie three points ahead of us in 7th spot in the league. We won the home fixture 25-17 but it is never easy and our close proximity in the league suggests a close and hard fought game. It is a 3pm kick off. Ralph is unfortunately away for the next two games so it is unlikely you will get the normal superb twitter feed as I may end up taking pics, writing a report and doing Twitter all at the same time. If anyone fancies doing one or more of these tasks then the help would be most appreciated. A few of the guys who have been missing in recent games are back tomorrow but as yet, the team is still to be finalised.
• The Colts are on tour in Guernsey and we wish them well. The Cavaliers are down to play at Silhillians and the 3's are at home to AEI Rugby playing Barkers Butts at the Cow Patch and the 3's are away at Harbury 2's.
• Junior fixtures for 2nd March are:
U13's at home to Lutterworth on CP2
U15's away at Leamington
U16's at home to Birmingham & Solihull – main pitch if playable
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• Next week (8th March) the ones are again away at league leaders Lichfield. Our next home game is 22nd March, v Malvern.
• The Colts have been drawn at home to Silhillians in the first round of the Warwickshire Colts Cup, 8th March at 3pm and hopefully on the main pitch.
• The second Jazz Night of the season takes place on Monday 3rd March. The first one was very popular and close to a sell out so come along early to make sure you get in! The bar will be open from 6pm.
• It is with pleasure we announce that the Wednesday Night Touch sessions are back on under the lights on the main pitch. There was a healthy turnout last week and Paul even laid on burgers for the hungry!
• It is not too late to get your RFU Raffle tickets in – they are still being accepted!
• This years Club Dinner will be held on Friday 9th May. Further details will be announced soon.
• For all the latest news on tickets and how to get involved in Rugby World Cup 2015, join The Front Row - www.rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow or follow England 2015 on Twitter @England_2015. We have been informed that we will be allocated at least two volunteer spots and clearly if we have more than two interested then we may need to ballot. If you are interested in being one of our volunteers then let me know ASAP. More info on tickets can be found at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/14430a3184fe08bf
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Mon 3rd Mar Jazz Night
Sat 8th Mar Colts v Silhillians, Warwickshire Colts Cup, round 1, 3pm
Sat 15th Mar Italy v England, Wales v Scotland and Ireland v France – SIX NATIONS final weekend
Sat 22nd Mar v Malvern, Charity Lunch, 3pm
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch, 3pm
26th/27th April M&J Festival
9th May CLUB DINNER