KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 27th Sept
Player Sponsorship available
News of Sam Kincaid’s death and funeral arrangements
Oliver Stokes – Wasps mascot on Sunday
Warwickshire Shield draw
Informal lunch v Nuneaton OE
News on our move!
• Not to good last week at Malvern and we suffered a 24-57 defeat following on from our cup defeat at home to Olney. We did get a try bonus point though. Match reports from both games are on the web site. Sophie has now posted the try highlights of our games with Leamington & Olney as well as post match interviews and these can be accessed on GlasshouseTV on youtube and through the link on the web site. Our second XV lost to Old Laurentian and our Colts lost to Southam in their first outing of the season. The report on the Colts game is also on the web site.
• It was up to the Ladies last week to produce a win and they did just that at Olney, 45-12 to go top of their league after two wins. Felicity Baldwin starred with three tries.
• Our second XV are away at Old Laurentian and our Colts do not have a game. The Ladies do not have a game tomorrow but have the honour of hosting the Warwickshire U15 girl’s trials when around 50 young girls are expected at the club. The squad, once selected, will then train with our Ladies in October and November.
• The club have put together a poster with all the Mens and Ladies first XV home first XV fixtures on it. If you wish one for your office or local pub or shop then please feel free to print one off or contact me.
• Wasps have now changed the way we receive kickback from them when purchasing tickets through our web site. They have moved away from using unique URL’s, to Club-specific codes. They feel these codes will (especially in the long-term) be easier to use and much easier for the club to promote and distribute to encourage more people to use your code and earn more money back for your club. This code should be entered at the checkout stage on the Wasps ticketing site. Our code is: KENRFC.
• Please note that for a trial period Paul will be doing simple bar food from behind the bar.
• There is great news on our Ground Re-Development plans with the formal adoption of the Warwick DC Local Plan last week. This means both of our sites are now out of greenbelt and up for development. We will keep you informed of the progress from now on in, both on the sale of our two grounds and the purchase, design and development of the new ground at Bullimore Wood.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• On Sunday one of our U10’s, Oliver Stokes, is one of the mascots for the Wasps v Bath game so if you are there give hi a big cheer!
• It is with great sadness that we announce the death of club member, Sam Kincaid who died of a heart attack on the 16th Sept. Our thoughts go out to his wife Sue. His funeral will take place at St John's Kenilworth on Tuesday 3rd October at 11:30. Followed by committal at Canley then onto The Ansty, Grove Road,
Ansty, CV7 9JD for a party! People are asked to wear something green in his memory. No flowers please but donations to Cancer Research are being collected.
• Following our first round win at Shipston we have been drawn at home to Dunlop in the next round of the Warwickshire Shield. This game is to be played before the 31st Dec but it is likely it will take up an empty Saturday/Sunday slot before then due to our exit of the Intermediate Cup.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
30th Sept Nuneaton Old Eds, 3pm
1st Oct Warwickshire U15 Girls Trials
7th Oct Second XV – pool game
8th Oct Ladies v Old Northants, 2.00pm
10th Oct Ladies Development v Warwick Uni, 7pm
14th Oct Ladies Day
19th Oct Scott Quinnell Dinner
21st Oct Silhillians, Former Players Lunch
21st Oct Colts v Old Coventrians
22nd Oct Ladies v Lutterworth, 2.00pm
22nd Oct Second XV Shield v Old Covents, 2.15pm
11th Nov Berkswell & Balsall