Volunteers needed for a Work Party @ Cow Patch, tomorrow, 28th Feb @ 10am
If you have not yet paid your subs then please do!
• The first XV lost at Crewe & Nantwich last week, 6-12, in another dour game that we really should have won. The loss has seen us drop to 7th in the league. Ralph's report and the piccies are on the web site. In a busy day at Glasshouse Lane the Colts defeated Southam, 38-5, the 3's defeated Shottery 65-18 and our Pirates, including a number of 'golden oldies' had a really good 27-24 win over Hinckley Vets. There is a Colts report and a very amusing Pirates report on the web site.
• This weekend the ones are back at home against Earlsdon, sponsored by J G Molloy, Building Contractors. Earlsdon are currently in a relegation battle and are lying second bottom of the league but we know from a few weeks back (B&B!) that these games are never easy and we will need to be at our best to win. If you cannot make the game then you can follow it on Twitter. The programme will be on the web site this afternoon.
• The other games this weekend are the Colts away at Chipping Norton and the Cavaliers away at Earlsdon. There is no 3's game.
• On Sunday, 1st March our Girls team are away at Bournville and the U13s and U15s are at home to Lutterworth with U14s away to Lutterworth. The U15's will be on the main pitch.
• The Six Nations return this weekend with Scotland v Italy at 2.30 and France v Wales @ 5pm on Saturday. Ireland play England on Sunday @ 3pm and you will be glad to hear the big screen in the main bar is now working.
• The semi final win over B&B a few weeks back means we will contest the Warwickshire Cup final for the first time since 2007 and we will be playing Nuneaton, who, would you believe, have never ever played in a Warwickshire Cup Final. The final is planned for 15th March and much to our disappointment, and indeed Nuneaton's, it will be played at Broadstreet. Kick off has now been confirmed as 3pm.
• Next weekend, 7th March the ones are away at Hereford in the return of the 3pm kick offs. The Colts will be at home in the 1/4r final of the Warwickshire Cup against Shipston.
• Would you believe there are still Members, including players at all levels, who have not paid their subs. You know who you are so please, pay up!
• The Wasps v Saracens game on the 8th March is a goer and Peter Blakeman will be confirming details to all who have responded to him. We have booked a bigger coach so there is still some space available.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• There is a bit of work to be done at the Cow Patch and a Work Party is being sorted for the 28th Feb@ 10am. Everyone is welcome to come and the work to be done includes reinstatement of the drive and the insertion of posts to assist in traffic flow and parking. This will be about 2hrs work and it would be good to see a lot of Volunteers there helping.
• On the morning of the 1st March our Chairman, Peter, will be completing his DO90 challenge and it is hoped that his last lap of the pitch will be undertaken in the company of as many Minis & Juniors as possible. More details on this will be provided next week.
• We have received a further communication from RWC2015 and they are launching a new Volunteering programme. Full details are on the home page of our web site.
• You will note that the WiFi at the club is now much improved and there are codes posted around the club.
• The gentlemen amongst us may have noticed a wee problem in the Gents – the problem(s) has been traced and you will be glad to know it will be rectified in the next few weeks, thanks to Bob Dodd.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
28th Feb Work Party at Cow Patch, 10am
28th Feb v Earlsdon
1st Mar Ireland v England, 3pm
7th Mar Colts v Shipston, War Cup
14th Mar Colts v Newbold
15th Mar WARWICKSHIRE CUP FINAL, v Nuneaton
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
All of the Six Nations games will be shown live at the club on our big screens.