KENILWORTH WEEKLY NEWS, 26th NOV 2015
The Ladies need a coach
We need someone to man the gate on Sat
Vote for the Kenilworth Girls Tag Rugby Team!
Prizes need for the 19th Dec
Barbarians are playing on Wed, 2nd Dec
• A superb (bonus point) win to report, 27-23 at Crewe & Nantwich last week. This was much needed after four successive defeats and I understand the boys did incredibly well to secure the win, being behind 20-23 going into the last five minutes. However a late try from the impressive Josh Fox, converted from out on the touch-line by Josh Hickman secured the win and a good journey home. We remain in 8th spot in the league. Sophie’s report and piccies (from a man at C&N) are on the web site.
• The Colts also did us very proud with a 48-3 home win over Barkers Butts with hooker Ollie Jones the star man with four tries. The Cavaliers (with the odd 3’s) completed our clean sweep weekend with a 20-15 home win over Old Laurentian.
• The ones are at home this weekend to Dudley Kingswinford. DK were relegated into this league and are currently lying in ninth spot, winning three of their ten games, drawing two and losing five. A guy from DK does a prediction every week on their web site
on the results of the games each week and he openly states the only team he struggles with is Kenilworth! He also predicted at the start of the season that we would be one of the teams to be relegated. Over to you boys! The programme for the game will be on the web site late on Friday.
• We also welcome Kenilworth Golf Club to the rugby club. They are hosting a lunch before our game after their annual sojourn to the Nailcote Hall par 3 course.
• Our other visitors on Saturday are Silhillians Vets who are taking on our Pirates. Our Colts are away at Old Leamingtonians and our Cavaliers are at Leamington. On Sunday the Ladies visit Sutton Coldfield.
• Next week (5th Dec) the ones are away at Hereford. The Cavaliers are at home to Rugby St Andrews and our Colts and 3’s are currently in the pool. Our Ladies are at home against Buxton, 2pm on the Sunday.
• There are still people who have not yet registered as players & members of Kenilworth Rugby and we ask that you do this as a matter of urgency. The link to the form is on the RHS of the home page of the web site. Even if you are a Life Member we ask you to complete the form.
• At the club over the weekend there is lots of TV rugby with the Pro 12 and Premiership Rugby being shown on BT Sport and Sky.
• If you have applied for Six Nations tickets please be advised that you will not be told of your allocation, if any, until I hear from the RFU about the extra tickets I have requested. We are 3 times oversubscribed for both games and the allocation of tickets is going to be a nightmare and will depend on the extra ones received from the RFU.
• The Kenilworth Girls Tag Rugby Team has been nominated in the Kenilworth Worthies 2016 and we need your votes. Please follow the link and vote for us. The girls are the only females nominated: http://www.kenilworthchamber.co.uk
• You will note the current state of our pitches, ie very wet and the loss of a few games and training sessions. Please be assured there is an awful lot of work being done to finally sort out our training pitch and if you wish to know about this and our pitches policy in general then please contact me and we will answer your queries. Please note we are not alone and there are many tweets from other clubs, both local to us and far away, of similar sessions being cancelled.
• You may have noticed we have a new reporter, Sophie Freestone. Sophie was a volunteer at the RWC15 and her name, with five others, were sent to us to see if we could persuade them to be involved with our club. Sophie took up the challenge and we formally welcome her! There are one or two others who we are speaking to about getting involved.
• ..............and finally. Weather permitting our Barbarians are playing Warwick Medics on Wednesday night under the lights on the first XV pitch, ko 7pm. The bar will be open from 6pm.
• SUMMARY OF EVENTS @ KRFC
Sat 28th Nov v Dudley K, 2.15pm
Wed 2nd Dec Kenilworth BaBa’s v Warwick Medics, 7pm
Sat 5th Dec Cavaliers v Rugby St Andrews, 2.15pm
Sun 6th Dec Ladies v Buxton, 2pm
Sat 12th Dec v Worcester Wanderers
Sat 19th Dec v Silhillians, Christmas Lunch
Sat 26th Dec Boxing Day Drinks from noon
Mon 28th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 2pm
Sat 16th Jan v Stratford, 2.15
Fri 22nd Jan Burns Night
Thu 11th Feb A Night with John Inverdale, tbc
Fri 11th Mar St David’s Night