Our U12's do it again!
Club Dinner is on May 8th
• Pride of place this week goes to our U12 squad who earned themselves another trip to Twickenham for the Premiership Final by winning a very tough regional final of the Landrover Cup. There is a full report and piccies on the web site and look out for the piccies and comment in Saturday's 1st XV programme.
• Last week the ones played very well with no reward against Worcester Wanderers who are fighting hard for the play off spot in the league. The score was 25-34 and Ralph's report is on the web site. The other disappointing result from last week was the defeat of the Colts, 17-34 in their Warwickshire Cup semi final.
• This weekend the ones are at home (3pm) for their last home league game against Leek, who lie 10th to our 9th. It was a good close game at Leek and should be another close game. Ralph will be tweeting and the programme should be up on the site on Friday afternoon. The game is sponsored by Baker Jayne, Insurance Brokers.
• The Colts are away at Leamington and the Pirates are on tour in Scarborough. There are no Cavaliers out.
• I hope you all saw the announcement of Dai Davies' death in the KWN last week, very touching. If not it is repeated in the programme. As a reminder the funeral is to be held on 1st April at Oakley Crematorium, 12.45 with a wake/celebration back at the rugby club. All are welcome and it has been agreed with the family that there will be a KRFC tribute to Dai at the Crematorium and further ones at the club. If you would like to say anything about Dai then it would be most welcome, back at the club.
• On Sunday 29th March it is the U9's on the main pitch and they take on a touring team. All other junior teams are either training or not playing.
• Next weekend is Easter and there is no league game. The entertainment will, however, be provided by the Barbarians taking on the Cavaliers in a 2pm kick off. The Champions Cup 1/4r finals also take place this weekend and there will be two games shown at the club on the Saturday (Clermont v Northampton, 4.40pm) and Sunday (Toulon v Wasps, 2pm).
• Our two remaining league games are both away at Newport on the 11th and Silhillians on the 18th April.
• Two new DO90 events have been announced and full details are on the web site. The first is a Sporting Dinner on 17th April with Ian Robertson the main speaker. The other involves cycling so if you are a cyclist then it would be good if you could take part.
• We will once again be running a coach to a Wasps game – Wasps v Leicester, 9th May - coach £5 per head – tickets adults £20, ages 10-21 £10, aged U10s free. The bus will leave the club at approximately 2pm with the bar open from 12pm beforehand and also after the return. Please note payment must be made to Paul the Steward in full by Friday 1st May at the very latest- no exceptions. Pease also note the bus was completely sold out last time so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
• You will note that the WiFi at the club is now much improved and there are codes posted around the club.
• The Club Dinner has been set for 8th May and full details will shortly be available.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
4th Apr Easter Sat: Barbarians v Cavaliers, 2pm
4th Apr Clermont v Northampton, 1/4r final Champions Cup, 4.40pm
5th Apr Toulon v Wasps, 1/4r final Champions Cup, 2pm
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts, tbc
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
17th Apr Sporting Dinner – Ian Robertson
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
8th May CLUB DINNER
9TH May Bus to Wasps v Leicester