- Request for Volunteers: You will recall a request of a few weeks ago for volunteers to carry out some general ‘tidy up’ work at the club. A small number of you were kind enough to respond but we still need some more willing hands. We have now identified the work we specifically need to carry out and we are looking to form work party’s to paint 3 of the 4 dressing rooms that require a ‘freshen up’, paint the barriers and supports surrounding the main pitch and generally carry out a tidy up around the club premises (removal of weeds against buildings etc)
We have identified Sunday 11th August as the day we intend to carry that work out. The work will start at 10 am and we hope to work through to around 3 pm when the bar will be open for liquid refreshment. We intend as well to have the barbeque on providing some burgers, bacon buns etc to sustain us.
Can you please let me know if you can help out and you will be provided with more info.
· KRFC SUMMER MIXED TOUCH 7`s, WEDNESDAY 7TH AUGUST, 6 PM MAIN PITCH
Meet at 6.00pm, Kick off at 6.15 pm. Finish about 8-8.30pm. Usual summer rugby league touch rules, but squads of 7+ ( with 7 on the pitch at any one time): A slight change to the qualifying rules this time in that you have to have all 3 “qualifying players “on the pitch at all times ie an old un ( 45+), a young un(14 – 16) and a lady (14+). All players must be 14+ , sort out your own teams please – (I just need your team name and it’s up to you to sort out players although I am happy to help out): Up to 8 teams welcome from wherever. I will need help please with
- Food – any volunteers ?
Any issues give me a shout
- If you wish to see the first XV fixture list for next season then it is posted on the web site. The Colts, Cavaliers and 3’s fixtures are still being finalised and will be posted as soon as they become available. There is no news yet on any pre season fixtures but the likelihood is we may have a Warwickshire Cup game on the 31st/1st Sept.
- The first XV have a programme that is sold prior to each home game. We are looking for volunteers to man the gate at these home games and if you would like to help out for at least one game then please contact Willie Whitesmith.
- Please remember that ticket applications for Australia and New Zealand in November close at the end if July so if you wish tickets you need to apply now. Details are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/documents-for-download/1073-autumn-international-tickets.html. Applications for Argentina have now closed.
- A request from Kenilworth Round Table
Dear Kenilworth Rugby Club,
It is this time of year that Round Table begins to think about the big event that is the bonfire and fireworks at the castle in November.
I am in charge of marshaling this time and have been passed your contact details by David White as an organisation that has either helped us in previous years or has expressed a willingness to do so in future. I am writing to ask if you would be prepared to help us in 2013. Any people you could provide would be most appreciated. The bonfire is on the 2nd Nov this year.
If you are interested in helping them then please contact Rob Eason direct.............
- .............and finally Subs for the new season can be paid from anytime now. The subs were revised at the AGM and you will find the revised ones on the membership section of the web site.