We need a Project Manager for our new development
News of Charity Lunches in Sept and October
Last call for Autumn International tickets
Bar Help needed
• As you are aware the club is planning to move and much work is currently taking place on selling the existing ground and re-locating to a new site within Kenilworth. The 'new ground' committee has now come up with an outline specification for the new building and pitch layout and we are now looking to appoint professional teams. As part of this process the club needs to appoint an internal Project Manager and the specification for this position can be viewed at
KRFC PROJECT MANAGER ROLE
• There has been a change to our league fixtures and, due to work being undertaken at Silhillians, we have switched our fixtures with them and our first home league fixture is now v Silhillians on the 6th Sept. The week before this, 30th August, we have been drawn away to Old Coventrians in the first round of the Warwickshire Cup. We are also currently organizing additional midweek home and away warm up games with Leamington and the dates of these will be published as soon as I know them.
• This season we are holding a series of Charity Pre-match Charity Luncheons aimed at raising a significant amount for a local Charity. Last year the lunch for the 'Get Ahead' Charity Raised £1000. The first of this season's lunches is now planned for 27th September and this will be in aid of Myton Hamlet Hospices, a Charity well known to everyone locally, with the Event Sponsors being Reeds Rains, Estate Agents, thanks to Nik Kyriacou with our main sponsor Gingernut-Creative supporting the event. The second Pre-Match Charity Luncheon will be on 25thOctober 2014 in aid of Molly Olly Charity thanks to Danny Rawlings and Jonathan Brown. The aim of this charity is to support emotionally and financially, where appropriate the lives of children with terminal or life threatening illnesses throughout The Midlands and the UK and to advise and assist their families. The money raised will help support children and their families who need additional help beyond that given by the NHS and its supporting bodies. http://www.mollyolly.co.uk/
These events are aimed at businesses supporting local charities and if you take a table your company will get a brief mention in terms of the services they offer on the menu which each guest will receive. Places are available for both events at £20 of which at least £5 will go to the charity and there will be raffles etc on the day to raise further funds.
• The Kenilworth Jazz Club are returning for another year and the dates are listed under our events. Further information is available at their web page - www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• .....................and finally our house in Carvoeiro, www.casacaracol.co.uk, has some late availability during August and early September - if anyone is interested then drop me an email.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
30th Aug Warwickshire Cup, v Old Coventrians, away
1st September Jazz Night (Swing from Paris)
6th Sept v Silhillians
13th Sept v Stoke on Trent
27th Sept v Walsall – CHARITY LUNCH
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet)
11th Oct v Barkers Butts
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH