KRFC NEWS, 23rd OCTOBER 2014
HALLOWEEN NIGHT ON 31ST OCT AT CLUB
LAST CHANCE TO GET THE REDUCED SUBS OFFER
SPONSOR NEEDED FOR BT SPORT
15th NOV – RICHMOND HEAVIES v PIRATES – COACH OPPORTUNITY
• The ones won again last week at Berkswell & Balsall, 15-5, in a poor game of rugby. It is all about winning though and this is what we did with tries from James Wadey (see the pics!) and a superb try finished off by Mikel Andreson. The report is on the web site as are the piccies.
• The Colts opposition Stafford pulled out of their cup tie on the Friday to leave them without a game. The good news is for the first time this season we had a 2's and a 3's out, the 2's losing away at Oadby Wyggestonians and the 3's losing at home to Earlsdon.
• On Saturday the first XV are back at home for our first ever fixture with Crewe & Nantwich. Last season C&N were promoted to this league by virtue of a play off win over Banbury and they are currently lying in fifth spot with four wins and three losses, three points adrift of us. If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter - @kenilworthrugby. The match is preceded by a Charity Lunch in aid of Molly Olly.
• The Colts are away at Old Coventrians whilst the Cavaliers are at Old Leamingtonians. The 3's have Old Leamingtonians at home.
• On Sunday there is no junior game on the main pitch with the U14 and girls training at the Cow Patch. The girl's squad played in a tournament at Yardley last week and did very well and there is a full report on the web site.
• On Sunday after the M&J's games and training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off and you can watch our very good Colts side. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 1st Nov we are off to Earlsdon in another very local derby and please note this is the first of the 2.15 kick offs. Quite where we assemble for lunch or a beer I do not know so if anyone has any ideas let me know. The Virgins may not be a bad call! The following week is a week off for the ones and we return to league action on the 15th Nov with a game at home to Hereford. The lunch at this game is for our M&J coaches. Next week, 2nd Nov, the Cavaliers take on Old Laurentian in the Warwickshire 2nd XV Cup.
• Our planned Warwickshire Cup 1/4r final game with Old Laurentian on the 8th Nov will not now take place as Old L's have a national cup game that day. There is no news of when it will be played and will depend on OL's progress in their cup.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js. All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• On Friday 31st October there will be a Halloween Night from 6pm and if you have not seen what gets done to the back room then you must come down and see this. The event is open to all and the web site contains more info @ www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk In a similar vein there will be a Santa's Grotto on the 21st Dec.
• The Autumn Internationals are coming up and all of the England games are on Sky and will be shown at the club. You will note that the entire Premiership and some of the European games are now on BT Sport which the club does not have as it costs £75 per month. If anyone out there fancies sponsoring the club to show BT Sport then feel free to contact me and I will ensure that you, or your company, get a lot of publicity for it.
• Our Pirates have their first outing of the season on the 15th Nov in a serious challenge match against the famous Richmond Heavies Veterans side in London. The coach departs KRFC @ 9am and will return "later" that evening. We are having an early kick off - 12.15pm so that some players and spectators can make the short distance to Twickenham for the England vs S.Africa Test Match. The rest of the team and spectators will watch the game at Richmond Athletic Ground - it is one of the oldest clubs in the world and also the home of London Scottish. A number of former KRFC stalwarts have confirmed their availability but anyone else is welcome and can contact me on this e mail address or 07989 444438. There are also spaces on the bus if anyone wants to combine the match with a way of getting to and from Twickenham for the International - what better preparation for Eng v SA than watching the Pirates take on one of England's best veteran's teams!
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
31st Oct HALOWEEN NIGHT
1st Nov Colts v Old Leamingtonians Colts, 2.15
2nd Nov Old Laurentian v Cavaliers – War 2nd XV Cup
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford, 2.15: M&J COACHES LUNCH
15th Nov Richmond Heavies v Pirates
22nd Nov Cavaliers v Newbold: Colts v Chipping Norton, 2.15
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL