KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 23rd NOV 2017
Christmas Card judging takes place on Friday night – come along!
Six places available at Christmas Lunch on 16th Dec
Pirates Lunch on 6th Jan
• A good day for the club last week with the Colts winning well on the Saturday (43-10 over Earlsdon) and the Ladies winning both their games on the Sunday, 81-5 in the cup game with Five Ways Old Eds and 25-15 in the development squad game with Oxford University 2’s. Highlights of the Colts game was the kicking of a young Will Morgan, son of Wayne, who kicked five conversions and one penalty. Phoebie Howles was the star on Sunday with five tries. The reports for all three games, together with piccies, are on the web site.
• This week the first XV have a big, big game, away at undefeated leaders Droitwich and it would be great if they could run out to a big support – they play at The Glyn Mitchell Memorial Ground, Hanbury Road, Droitwich, WR9 7DU. Our second XV are at home against Stratford and our Colts are away at Old Leamingtonians. The Ladies are at home again on the Sunday in the league against Towcestrians.
• There have been a number of entries for the Christmas Card competition and judging will take place on Friday night (24th) from 7pm. It would be good if there was a good turnout at the club for the judging and the announcement of the winner. The judging panel is to comprise Karen Pittaway, Peter Blakeman, Brett Linton (on behalf of Andrew Whiting), Kerry Kirwan, Ladies captain Becky Lane and first XV captain Bobby Thompson
• PAG has been busy organising and there is to be a Santa 7s on the 20th Dec from 6pm – we are running this in conjunction with our Return to Rugby scheme so if you know of a lapsed player then please let them know and hopefully we can encourage them back to playing for the club. There will be eight teams of mixed abilities, gender and ages and these teams will be sorted out on the night to ensure a level playing standard. It is also planned to have the BBQ going and to finish the night with a bout of Carol Singing at the club so even if you are not playing then why not come down and begin the Christmas period with a bang.
• Another PAG event is the annual Christmas BaBa’s fixture in memory of Alex Wallis and this has now been arranged for under the lights on Friday 29th December against Princethorpe Old Boys, kick off 7pm.
• Our recent Second XV win at Old Laurentian has seen us progress to the semi finals of that competition and we have been drawn away at Shipston. The other semi final is Berkswell & Balsall against Silhillians. The ties will be played on Sunday 28th Jan at the venue of the home drawn team.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
25th Nov 2nd XV v Stratford, 2.15
25th Nov England v Samoa on TV, 2.30
2nd Dec v Earlsdon, 2.15
2nd Dec Colts v Barkers Butts, 2.15
16th Dec v Southam, 2.15 Xmas Lunch
20th Dec Santa 7s and Return to Rugby night, and Carol Singing!
24th Dec Club open from 6pm
29th Dec Barbarians v Princethorpe OB’s, 7pm
6th Jan v Malvern, Pirates Lunch, 2.15 ko
Note: we have both BT Sport and Sky Sports so all rugby that is available will be shown. The Autumn Internationals will all be shown.