AGM – Date is 26th June @ 8pm
29th JUNE – Brunch with a Lion (Doddie Weir) – change in plan – Club will now be open - see below.
TRAINING starts on 18th JUNE!
NEW PART-TIME GROUNDSMAN REQUIRED
Requests for a Hoover and help with our Sky/TV system
- The club does not have ESPN so the Premiership Final will not be on. A number of members are going to The Oak or The Engine so you will see them there if you wish to catch the game, 3pm kick off. The Club will then open at ~5pm and will show the RaboDirect final between Ulster and Leinster.There are some tickets available for this through two club members, Martin Howle and David Lloyd and if you wish to be put in touch with then let me know.
- Pre Season Training for all will re-start on 18th June.
- The first XV pitch has now been re-seeded at great cost and your co-operation in keeping off it would be appreciated. Work is also being undertaken at the Cow Patch with the major drainage work on the Training Pitch due to commence early in June. Training/touch should take place on pitch 3, at the corner of A46/Rocky Lane until further notice.
- Please remember our Function Room is available for hire for a variety of purposes and full details are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/about-krfc/facilities.html
- Please remember the AMAZON link on our web site and if you use this link then the club gets a small kickback on your purchase. It is located on the Home Page just below the league table on the RHS.
- KENILWORTH RFC GOLF DAY - This year’s KRFC Golf Day will be held at Stoneleigh Golf Club on Fri 7th June and will include a round of golf followed by a curry back at the club, courtesy of the Sunam Balti. Cost will be £35 to include the golf, prizes and food. For further information contact Jai Purewal or Dom Carrick.
- BRUNCH WITH A LION - In response to feedback and concerns expressed in relation to the ‘Brunch with a Lion’ event on 29th June during the 2nd Lions test when former Lion Doddie Weir is the guest speaker, it will be now held within the Lounge (function room) area of the club thus making the main bar available to those who simply want to watch the game on the Clubs other ‘big screen’.
- The two other Lions Tests will be shown at the club (11am) and the other games will also be recorded for showing when the club is open. However look out for the club opening for Saturday ‘non test’ games (starting with the Barbarians game in Hong Kong) – full details will be issued nearer the time and posted on the web site.
- The AGM has been set for 26th June @ 8pm @ the club.
- Volunteers needed - Warwickshire Summer Sevens – Saturday 15th June 2013 – 12 noon (Start time tbc)
Kenilworth Rugby Club have been invited to host the first of three Warwickshire Summer Sevens events to be held throughout the County this summer. It is anticipated that up to 9 club sides will be participating with ourselves, Barker Butts, Sutton Coldfield, Stoke Old Boys, Earlsdon and Leamington already having committed to the competition.
We are hosting the competition down at the Cowpatch (as two pitches will be required throughout the event). To do that we also intend to provide food and of course drink to keep players and spectators ‘happy’. As such, we need volunteers to assist in the setting up and running of a bar and the provision of barbeque food throughout the event.
Can you please let me know if you are available to help out on the day, even if it is only for an hour or so, your help and involvement will be most welcome.
- Does anyone have a spare Hoover that still works. The club’s existing one is on its last legs and Paul would appreciate a ‘new’ one!
- Is there anyone in the club who can sort out our TV/Sky/DVD system to make it easier to operate and use throughout the club. In the ideal world we want the Sky box/DVD sets behind the bar and wired up to all three TV’s. If you think you can help with this let me know.
- FUTURE EVENTS AT KRFC
25th MAY RABODIRECT FINAL @ 5pm
25th MAY CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL @ 7.45pm
28/31st MAY LEICESTER TIGERS RUGBY COURSE
1st JUNE BARBARIANS v LIONS @ 12.30
7th JUNE KRFC GOLF DAY
15TH JUNE WARWICKSHIRE SUMMER SEVENS
20th JUNE COMEDY NIGHT
26th JUNE AGM
22nd JUNE LIONS FIRST TEST @ 11am
29th JUNE BRUNCH WITH A LION (DODDIE WEIR)
6th JULY LIONS 3rd TEST @ 11am
18th JULY COMEDY NIGHT
- NEWS OF MEMBERS
- I don’t know if anyone is going over for the full Lions series in Oz but just FYI former Kenilworth junior & Warwick schoolboy Will Rapkins will represent Melbourne Rebels U18 v ACT Brumbies U18 on June 7th in Canberra as the curtain raiser to Brumbies v Rebels Super XV !