- No first XV game last week and the only team on the pitch was the 3rd XV who won their fourth game on the trot with a 32-10 win over Warwickians 2’s. The report, by Paul Fountaine, is on the web site. There is some doubt over the try scorers and I am missing two so if you wish to claim them for your personal stats then let me know.
- This weekend the first XV are away at Malvern, always a tough and challenging game. Malvern currently lie below us in the league in 11th with three wins. Malvern play at Spring Lane, WR14 1AJ and if you want a very good pub then try the Nags Head which is just a few minutes from the ground and sells superb beer and food (www.nagsheadmalvern.co.uk). If you cannot attend the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby or go onto the web site and click the Twitter button for regular updates from Ralph. I have no news of a team yet.
· The Colts have a big cup weekend and are playing at Hereford on Sunday 24th in the 3rd round of the National Colts Cup. They have already defeated Sutton Coldfield and Old Halesonians and have every chance. They would dearly like a big support so go along to Hereford if you can – it only takes 1.5hrs.
· The Cavaliers are away at Old Laurentians and the 3’s are at home to Old Wheateyans 2’s.
- England may be finished their Autumn Internationals but the other Home Nations teams are still playing and over the weekend you can catch their games on the TV at the club. Wales v Tonga on Friday at 7.30pm, Scotland v Australia on Sat at 6pm and Ireland v New Zealand on Sunday at 2pm.
- The draw for the 1/4r final of the Warwickshire Second XV Cup has paired us with Nuneaton Old Eds, at home and will be played on 8th Dec, 2.15.
- Please reminder of the Code of Rugby for both players and spectators. This can be accessed on the web site @ http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/news/code-of-rugby-please-read.html. Your co-operation in adhering to this code would be very much appreciated.
- Our next home game is on the 30th Nov against Market Bosworth.
- Subs for the new season are now OVER-DUE and payment NOW would be appreciated. Information on the subs for this season and methods of paying are on the web site at http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html. This area also explains the reasoning behind the apparent large rise in Playing Subs. We now have a non-payers list and this will soon go up in the club so if you do not want your name to appear then please pay up.
- M&J Fixtures for Sunday 24th Nov:
Confirmed fixtures: U14s and U16s home to Old Covs, U13s away to Old Covs, U15s training
Pitches: U14s on main pitch, U16s on CP2, U15s on CP3 (sharing with U11s)
Post match food will be available at the senior club.
Teas/coffees available there from 10.30am, bar open at club from 11am.
- A date has been set for the Christmas Party and, like last year, it will be held at The Holiday Inn on 7th Dec. Posters will soon go up around the club, the Rocky Lane site and the web site.
- The following week will see the Club Fancy Dress Party with music and general mayhem. The theme for this year is Cowboys & Indians.
- There will be a Comedy Night on the 12th Dec – one of the popular Gong Nights.
- If you wish to see the pics taken in early Sept at Kenilworth Castle then you can. Go on http://www.photoboxgallery.com/KRFC. They are also being used on the M&J section of the web site.
- The club’s two chest freezers have packed in and we are looking for replacements. If you have one spare could you let me or Paul know.
- We also require a gate person for our game with Market Bosworth on 30th Nov. Your help on this would be very much appreciated.
- FORTHCOMING EVENTS
24 Nov, Colts at Hereford in National Colts Cup, round 3
30th Nov, v Market Bosworth
7th Dec, KRFC Christmas Party @ Holiday Inn
8th Dec, Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds, Warwickshire Cup, 1/4r final
12th Dec, COMEDY NIGHT GONG SHOW
14th Dec, v Stoke, Christmas Lunch @ noon
14th Dec, CLUB FANCY DRESS PARTY, 7pm onwards
15th Dec, SANTA’s GROTTO