Your choice on Sunday – the men in their Shield Final or the Ladies in their Cup quarter final – where will you go! Would be nice to do both.
• What a cracker of a game for the men last week and it is a pity we did not do the impossible against Barkers. We came back from 17-36 down to score four tries in quick succession and take a 41-36 lead going into injury time. However Barkers came back strongly and scored two unconverted tries to win the game, the last being the last play of the game. It was a superb advert for rugby at our level and credit must go to all our boys for the determination and belief they put in. A lot of credit goes to Barkers as well! With Earlsdon’s loss to Droitwich and our two bonus points we actually gained ground on them to remain in third spot in the league. Our Colts also deserve a big mention defeating Stratford 27-10 away, a team they lost heavily to earlier in the season. Our Ladies did what they do best and won again away at Bridgnorth, 43-12, to remain top of their league, seven points ahead with three games remaining.
• There is an incredible choice of rugby for you to watch this weekend
o On Sunday our men take on Earlsdon in the final of the Warwickshire Shield. This is being played at Barkers and has a 2.15 kick off. There is a bus leaving the club at 12.30 with room for supporters and for a small donation you can be on it it!
o Also on Sunday our Ladies take on arguably their biggest challenge of the season yet when they take on Barnsley at home in the 1/4r final of the RFU Intermediate Cup. Barnsley are top of their league, one level above our girls, and they are bringing two buses. It should be a cracker and our girls have every chance of progressing to the semi finals.
o On Saturday our Colts are taking on Old Leamingtonians, away, in the 1/4r final of the Warwickshire Colts Cup. Our lads are going well with three big wins on the bounce.
o There is also the Six Nations with France v Italy on Friday night, Ireland v Wales on Sat afternoon and Scotland v England at 4.45pm
- The club will be open from noon on Sunday and will close when the last person leaves, hopefully celebrating a cup win and a semi final spot!
• Next weekend the men’s first XV are away at Berkswell & Balsall on the Saturday and on the Sunday there is another cup final to look forward to, this time the Second XV are talking on Berkswell & Balsall in the 2nd XV Warwickshire Shield. Also on Sunday our Ladies are playing Olney in the league and this could be the day they clinch the league. Our Colts are away at Lutterworth on the Saturday.
• The 200 Club Draw was made last weekend and the winners were, Ada Ajoku (£500), Chris Edsall (£50) and Dom Carrick (£25).
• Our next Sporting Dinner is a big one with Scottish Legend Jim Hamilton. It is to be held on 22nd March and full details are on the web site.
• You should by now have received your RFU Raffle tickets and we ask that these should have been returned by the 12th Feb – it is not too late if you can still get them into the club.
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
24th Feb Scotland v England, 4.45
25th Feb v Earlsdon, Shield Final
25th Feb Ladies v Barnsley, RFU Cup, 1/4r final, 2.00
3rd Mar St David’s Night – sold out
4th Mar Second XV Shield final v Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15
4th Mar Ladies v Olney, 2.00
10th Mar v Droitwich, 3.00, Former Players Lunch
10th Mar France v England, 4.45
11th Mar Ladies v Rugby Lionesses, 2.00
16th Mar Pirates Tour
17th Mar England v Ireland, 2.45
22nd Mar Jim Hamilton Dinner
7th April v Evesham, 3.00 Last home league game