Free entry tomorrow for B&B!
News of RWC15 tickets and volunteering
• As Ralph has said in his report last week v Hereford was a game of two halves, losing the first half 10-40 and winning the second 12-0 to go down, 22-40. We just failed to get a try bonus point but to concede six relatively simple tries to a decent squad like Hereford was criminal. Hereford thanked us for the pitch we produced as it helped their running rugby and on that note we must thank the ground staff for all the hard work that was put in. If you thought the pitch resembled a beach last week then you should see it tomorrow! Ralph's full report, and the pics, is on the web site. No other games were played.
• This weekend the ones try again to fulfill the Berkswell & Balsall fixture (abandoned at 17-10 to Kenilworth at the end of Jan) and the good news is it is FREE ENTRY! B&B are stuck in the relegation zone and will be fighting hard for the points. We need the points to halt our slide down the league so a good tense game should result. Kick off is 2.15, the last of the early kick offs.
• The Colts are playing Barkers Butts at the Cow Patch and the 3's are away at Harbury 2's.
• The Six Nations resume with Wales v France at 8pm tonight, Italy v Scotland at 12.30 tomorrow and, arguably, the big one, England v Ireland at 4pm tomorrow. All games will be on both big screens at the cub. If you are lucky enough to have a Twickenham ticket then enjoy your day and please, keep your ticket to yourself!
• Tonight (21st) on the main pitch under the lights you can catch Cov Uni in a cup game against Leicester Uni, kick off 7.30.
• On Sunday the Cavaliers are at Sutton Coldfield in the Second XV Cup semi final, 2.15 kick off. The boys would love your support in a very winnable game, with Pinley waiting in the final on 9th March. The bar will be open before and after the game.
• Junior fixtures for 23rd Feb are:
U16's at home to Hinckley – main pitch if playable
The main Club will be open for hot drinks from 10.30am, bar from 11am and there will be post match food there.
• Next week (1st March) the ones are away at Whitchurch in the first of two away games, the 8th March being leaders Lichfield. Our next home game is 22nd March, v Malvern.
• The Colts have been drawn at home to Silhillians in the first round of the Warwickshire Colts Cup, 8th March at 3pm.
• For all the latest news on tickets and how to get involved in Rugby World Cup 2015, join The Front Row - www.rugbyworldcup.com/frontrow or follow England 2015 on Twitter @England_2015. We have been informed that we will be allocated at least two volunteer spots and clearly if we have more than two interested then we may need to ballot. If you are interested in being one of our volunteers then let me know ASAP. More info on tickets can be found at https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?hl=en&shva=1#inbox/14430a3184fe08bf
• FORTHCOMING EVENTS
Fri 21st Feb Cov Uni v Leicester Uni, cup game, 7.30
Fri 21st Feb Wales v France, 8pm
Sat 22nd Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15
Sat 22nd Feb England v Italy, 4pm
Sun 23rd Feb Second XV Cup semi final at Sutton Coldfield, 2.15
Mon 3rd Mar Jazz Night
Sat 8th Mar Colts v Silhillians, Warwickshire Colts Cup, round 1, 3pm
Sat 15th Mar Brunch before Italy v England, 11am onwards
Sat 22nd Mar v Malvern, Charity Lunch, 3pm
Sat 5th Apr v Old Laurentian, Former Players Lunch, 3pm
26th/27th April M&J Festival