News of M&J's registration days
News of RWC2015 tickets
The Colts have a new captain!
• A really positive first run out for the senior squad away at Leamington RFC on Tuesday night. With the game taking the format of an initial 40 mins of active training drills against one another, followed by 40 mins of full match conditions, KRFC came away scoring a number of tries, but more impressively conceding 0. The squad was a blend of established and new faces, old and young, with the squad playing with good spirit and commitment. Next up is a return fixture with Leamington on 26th Aug, from 7pm followed by the Warwickshire Cup game against Old Coventrians RFC on Sat 30th Aug. The club will be open on Tuesday 26th from 6pm for the Leamington fixture so why not come along and see our new players and returning Colts.
• The third XV are also having a pre season game against Stratford 3's at home on Friday 29th August, kick off 7.00pm (ish).
• There has been a change to our league fixtures and, due to work being undertaken at Silhillians, we have switched our fixtures with them and our first home league fixture is now v Silhillians on the 6th Sept. Our new 2014/15 programme will be on display for this game. Who will be the cover star this year?
• The weekend of 5/6/7 Sept will actually see three games at Kenilworth. The Colts have arranged a trial game with Old Leamingtonian Colts on the Friday night (5th). There is the league game with Silhillians on the Saturday (6th) and on Sunday (7th) the Barbarians are taking on Princethorpe Old Boys.
• Minis & Juniors Registration will take place at the main club on the 6th Sept from 2pm and at the Cow Patch on Sunday 7th from 10am.
• The big news from the Colts is that No8 Matt Slater has been appointed captain for the season. Matt was very impressive last year and was joint top try scorer (with Will Field) and we wish him, and indeed the whole squad, well for the forthcoming season.
• This season we are continuing to offer Player Sponsorship @ £120. It is hoped that the sponsors from last season will continue but there are other players available at £120 (+vat). Your name will be publicized in the programme with a link to your web site (if applicable) from the KRFC site.
• This season we are holding a series of Charity Pre-match Charity Luncheons aimed at raising a significant amount for a local Charity. Last year the lunch for the 'Get Ahead' Charity Raised £1000. The first of this season's lunches is now planned for 27th September and this will be in aid of Myton Hamlet Hospices, a Charity well known to everyone locally, with the Event Sponsors being Reeds Rains, Estate Agents, thanks to Nik Kyriacou with our main sponsor Gingernut-Creative supporting the event. The second Pre-Match Charity Luncheon will be on 25thOctober 2014 in aid of Molly Olly Charity thanks to Danny Rawlings and Jonathan Brown. The aim of this charity is to support emotionally and financially, where appropriate the lives of children with terminal or life threatening illnesses throughout The Midlands and the UK and to advise and assist their families. The money raised will help support children and their families who need additional help beyond that given by the NHS and its supporting bodies. http://www.mollyolly.co.uk/
These events are aimed at businesses supporting local charities and if you take a table your company will get a brief mention in terms of the services they offer on the menu which each guest will receive. Places are available for both events at £20 of which at least £5 will go to the charity and there will be raffles etc on the day to raise further funds.
• Applications are now being invited for the 2015 Six Nations games at Twickenham, v Italy, v Scotland and v France. Full details on how to apply for these tickets are on the News section of the web site. Closing date for applications is 23rd Sept. Please note that the RFU are offering half price junior (<15) tickets for the Italy game.
• The Kenilworth Jazz Club are returning for another year and the dates are listed under our events. Further information is available at their web page - www.kenilworthjazzclub.co.uk
• Those who registered for the first batch of World Cup tickets being sold through clubs would have been informed by RWC2015 that the next batch of tickets will go sale from 12th September. Full details are available at www.rugbyworldcup.com/ticketing/. Please note applications do not go through the club this time and you apply direct to RWC2015.
• Should you wish a copy of the club's fixture lists for the various teams then please go to the News Section of the web site where the lists are published.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
26th Aug Leamington at home, 7pm – Club will be open
29th Aug 3's v Stratford 3's, 7pm
30th Aug Warwickshire Cup, v Old Coventrians, away
1st Sept r Jazz Night (Swing from Paris)
5th Sept Colts v Old Leamingtonians, 7pm
6th Sept v Silhillians – NOW AT HOME
6/7th Sept M&J's Registration Days
13th Sept v Stoke on Trent
27th Sept v Walsall – CHARITY LUNCH
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet)
11th Oct v Barkers Butts
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH