o Wal’s Memorial game tomorrow night
o We are now a Gin Palace!
o Halloween Night next Thursday, 27th
o Ladies Dev Squad out next Friday night
o New improved web site
o Mobile Lights protocol
• A defeat in the Warwickshire Cup semi last week against a pretty good Nuneaton side who were also very complimentary about the way we went about our business, asking why we were bottom of the league! The score was 16-45 and Nuneaton now play Broadstreet in the final. The report on the game is on the web site together with a highlights video on GlasshouseTV. There were wins for the Ladies in their league game with Dudley K, 49-5 (report on web site) and the Pirates had an opening win over Shottery, 34-15.
• Tomorrow night (21st) the Pirates take on Old Coventrians Vets in the Wal Prescott Memorial game. It kicks off at 7pm and the bar will open from 6.
• This weekend our first XV are playing away at Burton who are currently 5th in the league with four wins out of six, narrowly losing at Hereford last time out. It is still a 3pm kick off and I am sure the guys would like to run out to a big support.
• The Cavaliers are away at Earlsdon in a Warwickshire 1 league game. The Ladies are not playing this weekend (but have two games next weekend!).
• Next week the ones are at home to Crewe & Nantwich, there being the Pirates Lunch before this game. Our Ladies have two games, a Development/A squad out on Friday night v Warwick University, 7pm, and a league game away at Aston OE’s on the Sunday. Also on the Sunday (29th) our Cavaliers play at Silhillians in the 2nd XV Warwickshire Cup, 2.15.
• Please remember the club now has BT Sport at the weekends and this includes Premiership Rugby & European Cup Rugby (with Sky) on Friday nights and Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Sky will also be the platform for the up and coming Autumn Internationals at Twickenham.
• Another of our Sponsors is The Almanack. They have kindly agreed to reward members of Kenilworth RFC with a discount on any wine purchased. Details of this offer are on our web site, www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk and all you have to do is show them your Membership card.
• On Wed 26th Oct there is a Rugby Awareness Seminar at Broadstreet and this is open to everyone. Full details are on the home page of the web site.
• On 27th Oct the M&J section are hosting a Halloween Night and all are invited. All the usual spooky and horror events will be on show and it all kicks off from 5.30. One thing for sure is you will not recognise the back room! All welcome, including grown ups!
• On 11th Nov there will be the first 200 Draw of the season and more info on this will be provided nearer the time. It is a Friday night and you could have a pint and glass of wine (or even a gin!) waiting to see if you have won up to £1000! Full details are on the web site.
• By demand we now have a variety of Gins (13 to be precise!) in the club bar, together with some fancy mixers and glasses. Why not try one on your next visit!
FORTHCOMING EVENTS @ KRFC
21st Oct Pirates v Old Coventrians, 7pm, in memory of Wal Prescott
28th Oct Ladies Dev Squad v Warwick Uni, 7pm
29th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich, 3pm: Pirates Lunch
30th Oct Silhillians v Cavaliers, 2.15, War Cup, round 1
5th Nov Cavaliers v Old Laurentian 2’s
11th Nov 200 Club Draw
19th Nov v Hereford
26th Nov Cavaliers v Banbury
10th Dec Christmas Lunch (v Newport)
17th Dec Players Christmas Party