KRFC NEWS, 20th NOVEMBER 2014
A bus going to Leek
Info on Worcester Wanderer's location
More news on Warwickshire Cup
More info on Burns Supper on 23rd Jan
New jumper dead-line
Another Marco video!
• The ones had a pulsating game against second placed Hereford last weekend. The lead changed many times and indeed we were leading 27-24 going into injury time but finally succumbed 27-34, but securing two bonus points for our troubles. If you have not already done so then check out the twitter feed on the game and Ralph's report. The Colts lost to Chipping Norton, 8-20 whilst our Pirates played a morning game in Richmond and competed very well before going down 12-45 (ish).
• It is another difficult looking game on Saturday for the ones when they travel to Worcester Wanderers who are now in third place one point ahead of us. Worcester play within the 'big' Worcester complex and if you wish to email me I will send you info on where to go! – easier that way. The Colts are playing their National Cup game at Nuneaton whilst our Cavaliers are at home to Newbold on the main pitch. There is no 3's game.
• On Sunday the junior game on the main pitch will be the U14's against Harbury. The U13s are on tour and the girls and the U15's are training.
• On Sunday after the M&J's training why not come down to the club for a drink. Up until 1pm there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off. If you are an M&J parent please be advised that the club operates a Membership Card which gives a discount on bar prices. If you do not have a card then ask one of your coaches or simply go the bar, speak to Paul and ask him for one!
• Next week, 29th Nov, the ones have a week off. The Cavaliers are in the pool and the Colts and 3's are away at Newbold and Earlsdon respectively.
• On the 6th Dec the ones are away at Leek and there will be a coach going with room for supporters. Contact Jos Selby if you wish to book your place.
• The semi final draw for the Warwickshire Cup has paired us with Berkswell & Balsall with the other semi final being Nuneaton and Sutton Coldfield. Many apologies for advising you it was Spartans! These games are down to be played on 25th Jan at neutral venues.
• Kenilworth RFC were formed in 1924 and played their first game on Sept 20th. Hence we have something to celebrate this 90th season! First on the agenda is a Dinner/Disco to be held at the club on the 6th Dec. Other events are in the advanced stage of planning, including a Six Nations Dinner and a pre match lunch and it is hoped to conclude the celebrations with a special game in May featuring two guest teams. It is also planned to make the year a big fund raising event and fund raising activities will be co-ordinated around the theme '90' – watch this space. One other confirmed event is a 90th Anniversary pre match lunch and this will be held in conjunction with the Former Players Lunch on the 7th Feb.
• The 90th Anniversary Christmas Dinner/Disco is almost sold out but a few places remain – contact Peter B ASAP to secure your place.
• The Christmas Lunch on the 13th v Newport is now SOLD OUT!
• Membership subs for this season are now due. Please pay or you may appear on the non payers list and be challenged in the club.
• Please also remember the newly imposed Dog Ban at the Cow Patch – the reasoning behind this is on the web site.
• The Autumn Internationals this weekend see England take on Samoa (7pm), Scotland v Tonga (2.30), Wales v New Zealand (5.30) and Ireland v Australia (4.30).
• We are continually being asked questions on the New Ground Situation and if anyone wishes an update on what is happening with the sale of our current grounds and our proposed new ground then just ask – so speak to either Peter Blakeman or myself and you will be kept up to date with what is happening.
• Advanced Warning – a Traditional Burns Supper at the club on Fri 23rd January! - A Burns night is a celebration of Robert Burns (1759 – 1796) in time honoured form and can be as serious or irreverent as participants wish. It is held on or near the date of Burns' birth – 25 January - and includes the eating of traditional Scottish food, to include Haggis, Tatties and Neeps, the drinking of Scottish whisky and other beverages, speeches and toasts to the memory and spirit of the bard. Lassies are included in the celebration and some item of tartan is usually worn. If you wish to be part of this extravaganza then contact Peter Blakeman, Rob Blacklock or myself.
• PAG has been busy filling in a few dates and has arranged for a Barbarians squad to take on Warwick School Old Boys on Sat 27th Dec at 1pm. There will also be a Santa's Touch Rugby event on Wednesday 17th Dec.
• Did you know that our backs coach Marco Stanojevic was in Bermuda playing for Italy in the Rugby Classics tournament? There is a video of their plate semi final being played in horrendous rain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myjuZVlJYqY
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
6th Dec 90th ANNIVERSARY DINNER/DISCO, at club
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH
17th Dec SANTA'S TOUCH RUGBY on MAIN PITCH, 6pm
21st Dec SANTA'S GROTTO
27th Dec Barbarians v Warwick School Old Boys, 1pm
3rd Jan v Stratford
17th Jan v Whitchurch
23rd Jan BURNS SUPPER
25th Jan Warwickshire Cup Semi Final
7th Feb v Berkswell & Balsall, FORMER PLAYERS & 90th ANNIVERSARY LUNCH
28th Feb v Earlsdon
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
All Autumn Internationals shown at club!