KRFC NEWS, 20th Feb 2015
Bus going to Crewe, leave at 11am
Pirates at home this week
Volunteers needed for a Work Party @ Cow Patch, 28th Feb @ 10am
RWC15 – another call for Volunteers
• The Colts put up a superb performance last weekend on the main pitch to defeat a bigger Southam unit 32-0 and reach the quarter final of the Warwickshire Cup and a tie with Old Leamingtonians. The report and pics are on the web site. In the only other game played our Cavaliers defeated Old Laurentian, 29-12, a vast improvement from their big defeat earlier in the season.
• This weekend the ones are off to our first ever trip to Crewe & Nantwich and there is a bus leaving the club at 11am with plenty room for supporters. We defeated Crewe earlier in the season, 26-17 but they are currently on a good run and are lying in 5th spot in the league (we are 6th) with eleven wins and eight losses. Kick off is still 2.15. Crewe play at Crewe Vagrants Sports Club - Newcastle Road, Willaston, Nantwich, CW5 7EP and this is 78 miles away, about 1.5 hrs in a car.
• There are three games at home this weekend. The Colts are again taking on Southam, this time in league action. The 3's are playing Shottery and our Pirates are taking on Hinckley Vets. A number of former stalwarts have suggested they may make an appearance for the Pirates and with this in mind they have been given the main pitch to strut their stuff. Hopefully the former stalwarts will turn up!
• On Sunday, 22nd Feb there is an U15 fixture planned for the main pitch with the opposition to be confirmed. All other junior sides are training.
• There are no Six Nations games this weekend. Next weekend Ireland play England on the Sunday and you will be glad to hear the big screen in the main bar is now working.
• The semi final win over B&B a few weeks back means we will contest the Warwickshire Cup final for the first time since 2007 and we will be playing Nuneaton, who, would you believe, have never ever played in a Warwickshire Cup Final. The final is planned for 15th March and much to our disappointment, and indeed Nuneaton's, it will be played at Broadstreet. We have big plans for the day so watch this space.
• Next weekend, 28th Feb the ones are at home to Earlsdon in the last of the 2.15 kick offs.
• Would you believe there are still Members, including players at all levels, who have not paid their subs. You know who you are so please, pay up!
• The Wasps v Saracens game on the 8th March is a goer and Peter Blakeman will be confirming details to all who have responded to him.
• The Barbarians are offering a 2 for one ticket offer for their game v Argentina game at Twickenham on 21st Nov 2015. Special discounted 2 for 1 early bird adult tickets are available, for a limited period only, from £30 for adults (for two tickets) and £15 for juniors (U16) at www.ticketmaster.co.uk 0844 847 2492. (Booking fees apply). Please do not apply to me for these but direct to Ticketmaster.
• There is a bit of work to be done at the Cow Patch and a Work Party is being sorted for the 28th Feb@ 10am. Everyone is welcome to come and the work to be done includes reinstatement of the drive and the insertion of posts to assist in traffic flow and parking.
• On the morning of the 1st March our Chairman, Peter, will be completing his DO90 challenge and it is hoped that his last lap of the pitch will be undertaken in the company of as many Minis & Juniors as possible. More details on this will be provided next week.
• We have received a further communication from RWC2015 and they are launching a new Volunteering programme. Full details are on the home page of our web site.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
21st Feb away at Crewe – bus going!
21st Feb Pirates v Hinckley
25th Feb South Warwickshire U14's game
28th Feb Work Party at Cow Patch, 10am
28th Feb v Earlsdon
7th Mar 3's v Leamington
13th Mar St David's Night - TBC
14th Mar Colts v Newbold
15th Mar WARWICKSHIRE CUP FINAL, v Nuneaton
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
All of the Six Nations games will be shown live at the club on our big screens.