KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 19th Oct 2017
Removal of trees at Rocky Lane – read the KWN article
Autumn International tickets can now be collected from club
Please pay your subs!
• A cracking win for our boys last week at Old Yardleians (and a good support from us). We won 77-5, scoring 13 tries (from ten different scorers) with Bobby T and Gaz scoring 3 and 2 respectively. There were ‘debut’ tries for Rob Thomason, Harry Philpot and Nick Gerber. The win has moved us up to 3rd in the league four points off Malvern and two off Droitwich. The report and piccies of the game are on the web site. In the other games played last week our Ladies had another big win over Old Northants, 55-10 in the cup, whilst our Colts lost at Broadstreet, 11-17 and our second XV lost at Spartans, 12-24. Reports on the ladies and the Colts games are on the web site.
• This weekend the ones are at home to Silhillians. Silhillians have had a poor start to the season losing their opening four games, Berkswell & Balsall, Droitwich, Earlsdon and Evesham, but games between us are always close so expect a hard game on Saturday. If you cannot make the game then there will be regular tweets on @kenilworthrugby. The programme for the game will be on the web site from Friday night. Our second XV are away at Silhillians and our Colts are at home to Old Coventrians. The Ladies will be playing at home on Sunday against 3rd placed Lutterworth, 2.45 kick off. They also have a programme which will be available at the game and on the web site.
• Prior to the first XV game there is a Former Players Lunch and ~65 are due to attend this.
• Next week (28th) the ones have a week off and the second XV are in the pool. Our Pirates are having their first game of the season and are away to Leamington. The Colts are at Rugby St Andrews and on Sunday our Ladies Development Squad are taking on Birmingham Uni.
• Following their cup win at Old Northants our Ladies have been drawn at home to Five Ways Old Eds in the next round of their cup and this is to be played on Sunday 19th Nov.
• Membership fees are now due and you will, or have been, sent a reminder through the RFU GMS system. This system is explained on our web site: http://www.kenilworthrugby.co.uk/membership.html The system requires input from yourself and if you have not already done this please do!
• There has been a lot of problems with dogs and dog mess at the Cow Patch on a Sunday morning, particularly around the café and changing areas. Can we remind you the club has a NO DOGS policy and this will be enforced in future Sundays.
• We are embarking on a “Return to Rugby” scheme and this is in the final stages of planning. It is hoped to recruit a number of our former players, of all ages, back to the club so if you fall into this class then look out for an invite dropping through your letterbox. We can all help in this and if you know of any friends, relatives etc who could be persuaded back then please do not hesitate to contact them directly. A great re-introduction back is the touch rugby sessions that are held on a Wednesday night.
• Thanks to Garforth Scaffolding we now have a re-built and safe platform to video our games on.
• There has been a lot of action down at our Rocky Lane site regarding the removal (and re-planting) of trees and this was reported in a recent news article. This week there is an article in the KWN and for your interest this can be viewed HERE
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
21st Oct Silhillians, Former Players Lunch
21st Oct Colts v Old Coventrians
22nd Oct Ladies v Lutterworth, 2.00
29th Oct Ladies DS v Birmingham Uni. 2.00
4th Nov Colts v Stratford, 2.15
4th Nov Second XV v Barkers Butts, 2.15
4th Nov Pirates v Shottery, 2.15
11th Nov Berkswell & Balsall, 2.15
11th Nov England v Argentina on TV, 2.30
12th Nov Ladies v Bridgnorth, 2.00
18th Nov Colts v Earlsdon, 2.15
18th Nov 2nd XV v Newbold, 2.15
18th Nov England v Australia on TV, 2.30
19th Nov Ladies v Five Ways, cup, 2.00
25th Nov 2nd XV v Stratford, 2.15
25th Nov England v Samoa on TV, 2.30
2nd Dec Earlsdon, 2.15
2nd Dec Colts v Barkers Butts, 2.15
16th Dec Southam, 2.15 Xmas Lunch
Note: we have both BT Sport and Sky Sports so all rugby that is available will be shown. The Autumn Internationals involving Scotland, Wales and Ireland will also be shown.