KRFC NEWS, 19th March 2015
Death of a KRFC stalwart
Colts play their cup semi final @ 12.45 on the main pitch
200 club winners
Wasps v Leicester, 9th May – a coach is going
• It is with great regret that the club announces the death, at 88, of our former President, Dai Davies. The funeral is to be held on 1st April at Oakley Crematorium, 12.45 with a wake/celebration back at the rugby club. All are welcome. Further information is on the News section of the web site.
• No game for the first XV last week with the postponement of the Cup Final. However the Colts took centre stage on the main pitch and had a superb 15-12 win over Newbold. The report on this game is on the web site. The Cavaliers had a big, 79-7, win over Banbury 2's.
• This weekend the ones are at home (3pm) with a game against play off seeking Worcester Wanderers who currently lie third in the league. Hopefully Ralph will be back on track tweeting and the programme should be up on the site on Friday afternoon. The first XV game is sponsored by AJA Associates.
• Another big game at the club is the Colts semi final fixture with Old Coventrians and, weather willing, it is hoped to play this game on the first XV pitch @ 12.45 prior to the league fixture. I saw the league fixture between these two teams a few weeks back and it was a cracker, Kenilworth edging it out 22-20 and it will be well worth an early trip to catch this game too. If successful, the final will be between Chipping Norton or Stratford at The Butts on Monday 13th April.
• The 3's have their final game before their tour next week and they travel to Rugby St Andrews 2's.
• On Sunday 22nd March there is a chance to see our girls in action on the main pitch in their home festival. The U13's are away at Old Coventrians, the U14's are training and the U15's are away at Market Bosworth with a 10am start.
• Next weekend, 28th March the ones are at home again in their last home league game against Leek. This match is sponsored by Baker Jayne.
• Two new DO90 events have been announced and full details are on the web site. The first is a Sporting Dinner on 17th April with Ian Robertson the main speaker. The other involves cycling so if you are a cyclist then it would be good if you could take part.
• The 200 Club Draw at the club was won by Val Gold (£500), Nick Thomas (£50) and R Hands (£25). If anyone can throw any light on who R Hands is then please let me know as we cannot trace him/her.
• We will once again be running a coach to a Wasps game – Wasps v Leicester, 9th May - coach £5 per head – tickets adults £20, ages 10-21 £10, aged U10s free. The bus will leave the club at approximately 2pm with the bar open from 12pm beforehand and also after the return. Please note payment must be made to Paul the Steward in full by Friday 1st May at the very latest- no exceptions. Please also note the bus was completely sold out last time so you are advised to book early to avoid disappointment.
• You will note that the WiFi at the club is now much improved and there are codes posted around the club.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
21st Mar v Worcester Wanderers
21st Mar Colts v Old Coventrians Colts, Warwickshire Cup semi final, 12.45
21st Mar Six Nations finale, England v France @ 5pm
28th Mar v Leek
27-29th Mar PIRATES TOUR to SCARBOROUGH
11th Apr Colts v Barkers Butts, tbc
17th Apr Speed Networking Breakfast – Kenilworth Chamber of Trade, 8am
17th Apr Sporting Dinner – Ian Robertson
18th Apr Final League game, away at Silhillians
25/26th Apr M&J FESTIVAL
25th Apr 90th ANNIVERSARY MATCH & BBQ
9TH May Bus to Wasps v Leicester