KENILWORTH RFC NEWS: 19th APRIL 2018
Ladies Cup final at 11.30 and Men v Leamington at 3pm – you can do both!
Superb Warwickshire Cup win for our U15’s
St David’s Day Dinner now 28th April
Summer Party planned for 7th July
• Pride of place last week must go to our U15’s who defeated (a previously undefeated) Silhillians 24-17 to claim the first ever Warwickshire U15’s cup. This was a superb display in front of a big crowd and they did the club proud. A report on the game together with the pics, is on the web site.
• Not so good for our Men’s first XV who were heavily defeated at Southam, 17-55, conceding three converted tries in the closing minutes when we in pursuit of a try bonus point. Our Colts had a superb win at Newbold, 20-17. Reports on both games, plus pics for the 1st XV) are on the web site.
• This weekend, there is arguably (in my mind at least) the biggest game any Kenilworth team have played in. The Ladies take on Supermarine in the final of the RFU Intermediate Cup and this is to take place at Cheshunt RFC - http://www.cheshuntrugby.co.uk/contact with an 11.30am kick off. If you want to find out some info on Supermarine then have a look at the Evesham match day programme HERE, quite interesting! They play in a higher league than us but our past results in this cup suggest we fear no one! The pressure is on them so let us go out and enjoy the experience.
• Our Men’s first XV conclude their league programme at Leamington and a win will secure third spot. Earlsdon are two points adrift of us and are away at Nuneaton Old Eds. This is a 3pm kick off and with the Ladies kicking off at 11.30 it is possible to do both games, maybe missing the start of the men’s game.
• Our Second XV are in action at home (at the Cowpatch) against Leamington whilst our Colts are travelling to Teddington on Sunday.
• The Ladies do not get automatic promotion by winning their league and are required to play a play off against the winners of NC East 1, this being Harwich & Dovercourt. This is to be played on Sunday 29th April at a venue to be confirmed.
• Attention all Golfers – the Spurgeon Cup is making a comeback – 1st June at Kenilworth Golf Club. Further details will soon be posted on the web site and the club noticeboards.
• The Club Dinner will be held on Friday 4th May and full details of this and how to book are on the web site and on notice boards at the club.
• Work on the first XV pitch has now started and this is now out of use till further notice. All training (and playing) should now take place at the Rocky Lane site.
• The St David’s Dinner planned for 3rd March has now been re-arranged and will take place on 28th April. If you wish to go then please contact PAG Jones.
• A date for your diary is Sat 7th July when we plan to hold a Summer Party at the club. Posters for this event are currently being prepared and will be issued shortly. Should be a very good day!
UPANDCOMING EVENTS AT KRFC
21st April Ladies v Supermarine: RFU Int Cup Final, Cheshunt RFC, 11.30am
21st April Last league game, Leamington away
21st April Second XV v Leamington, 3pm
28th April St David’s Day Dinner
29th April Ladies v Harwich & Dovercourt, league play off, venue and time tbc
4th May Club Dinner
1st June Spurgeon Cup (Golf Day)
7th July Summer Party