Another good league win and we are now 3rd in league!
Sunday lunch bar reductions this weekend
Final call for Charity Lunch next week v Walsall (27th Sept)
Final call for Six Nations Tickets and the ½ price Italy offer for juniors
• We had another tremendous (bonus point) win last week against another team who finished above us last year – Stoke. Our four tries came from Bobby Thompson, Ed Hannam, Joe Yeomanson and Jonny Cresswell with Josh Hickman adding the extras. It was an eventful day for Josh as one of his clearance kicks smashed a car windscreen and of all the cars to hit it was his dad's! There was much to admire in a team with six changes (due to injury and non availability) from the previous week and those that came in certainly did not look out of place and looks good for the squad we are building. The report on the game, and the piccies, are on the web site.
• The other marvelous news last week was the colt's demolition of Broadstreet Colts (at Broadstreet) – 51-7 and you can catch their report on the web site. No wonder Alistair was smiling on his return to the club!
• That was the good news from last week. The bad news was that we could only raise one other senior team with both the 2's and 3's crying off the planned fixtures with Banbury. The 2's were a late call off on Friday night and if you check our Twitter account you will see that Banbury were not too amused and were quite scathing of our 'one team' club. This is a cause of great concern at the moment amongst the playing committee and if you are a potential 2nd or 3rd team player then we ask you to make every effort this week to get your boots out and play for our lower teams.
• Tomorrow the first XV are away at Stratford. Stratford lost their opening game to Earlsdon (22-30) and ran Hereford close last week in another 18-20 loss. Hereford are the team who defeated Stoke on the first day so going through this form line it should be another close game on Saturday, as last January! If you cannot make the game then follow it on Twitter @kenilworthrugby.
• The other games on Saturday are our Colts who are at home to Nuneaton (on the main pitch) and the Cavaliers who are down to play Stratford 2's. The 3's were in the pool but will now be providing a number of players to the Barbarians squad for their game with Warwick Uni Medics on Sunday, kick off 1pm.
• Before the game on Sunday (and indeed after the M&J's training) why not come down for a pint. Up until 1pm, kick off time, there will be £1 off a pint with soft drinks at 50p off.
• The week after, 4th Oct, we are away at Whitchurch – always a good trip.
• Membership subs for this season are now due. This season the annual subscription fee for membership of KRFC has been much simplified and will be £95 and a discount of £10 is available if the subscription is paid in full prior to October 31st. The optional Vice President (VP) membership rate is still available, at the rate of £120. There is now no Associate Member level. The membership for a child playing for the M&Js will be based on a single family with one playing child @ £95 and the M&Js have retained the option of charging an additional premium for a second, or more, playing child, at a rate agreed by the membership at the M&Js.
All membership grades (Life, VP and Member) are eligible for International Tickets. The full detail on Membership is given on the web site. Membership and standing order forms are available on the web site as well as behind the bar with Paul.
• This season we are continuing to offer Player Sponsorship @ £120. It is hoped that the sponsors from last season will continue but there are other players available at £120 (+vat). Your name will be publicized in the programme with a link to your web site (if applicable) from the KRFC site.
• Applications are now being invited for the 2015 Six Nations games at Twickenham, v Italy, v Scotland and v France. Full details on how to apply for these tickets are on the News section of the web site. Closing date for applications is 23rd Sept. Please note that the RFU are offering half price junior (<15) tickets for the Italy game
• Should you wish a copy of the club's fixture lists for the various teams then please go to the News Section of the web site where the lists are published. These are now on the web site under the various teams.
• Advanced Warning – the first Former Players Lunch of the season is the 11th October, Barkers Butts at home. More details later.
• UP & COMING EVENTS @ KRFC
20th Sept Cavaliers v Stratford
21st Sept Barbarians v Warwick Uni Medics, 1pm
27th Sept v Walsall – CHARITY LUNCH
4th Oct Cavaliers v Nuneaton Old Eds
6th Oct Jazz Night (The Firebird Quartet)
11th Oct v Barkers Butts – FORMER PLAYERS LUNCH
25th Oct v Crewe & Nantwich – CHARITY LUNCH
3rd Nov Jazz Night (Chris Whiter Quintet)
15th Nov v Hereford, M&J COACHES LUNCH
1st Dec Jazz Night (Sheila Waterfield Band)
13th Dec v Newport – XMAS LUNCH